Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope, you're wrong. I already know where it is on the Predator.

The actual question may seem really dumb, but I honestly don't know. Can/should I use the 93 octane tune when I'm running 91 octane? 91 is about the highest octane around here but are there still gains to be made performance-wise using the 93 octane tune? Is there anything detrimental?

How many of you are usng the 93 octane tune with gas that's less than that? If you are, how's the performance?

Thanks all...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, never mind THAT question. I finally found the answer over on the LX Forums from Mike at Diablo. He says to NOT use the 93 octane tune if you are using anything less than 93 octane fuel. Now, we all know.

This Predator affirms what we all know anyway - there's no such thing as too much performance. I just got the greatest mod for my car I've ever experienced, and I'm already trying to figure out how to get more "performance". Will this addiction ever end???

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yea......

youd think that if they took the time to make a 91 and a 93 octane tune it would be for a reason....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
my only question is i dont see the 93octane option when i loaded mine a few minutes ago i saw 91 so i did that one but im runnin 93 any idears?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
it is Performance Tune, just doesnt have a number with it. When you go to hit accept, scroll down and you'll not it's for 93 octane. Perf CAI is the 93 with CAI.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well, never mind THAT question. I finally found the answer over on the LX Forums from Mike at Diablo. He says to NOT use the 93 octane tune if you are using anything less than 93 octane fuel. Now, we all know.

This Predator affirms what we all know anyway - there's no such thing as too much performance. I just got the greatest mod for my car I've ever experienced, and I'm already trying to figure out how to get more "performance". Will this addiction ever end???
Interesting. Totally flies in the face of what their site says...

NOTE: The use of respective grade fuel should be used with tune choice.
91 octane tune will run on 87,89 and 91 octane. The 93 octane (Performance) tune will run on 91 and 93 octane. If severe knock cannot be remedied by adjusting the parameters for it, try to install the factory tune and monitor the knock using it. If knock still is present consider switching fuel brand.
DiabloSport recommends using fuels from the following vendors:
Mobil, Sunoco and Amoco/BP.

This info was found here... http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=122

I would assume as long as you are using a quality fuel, the knock retard has enough room to back off to correct any issues at any given time, hence the reason they state 91 (and 92) will work in the 93 tune. Obviously, you should monitor the knock sensors etc...

Griz

·
Registered
239 Posts
I raised shift points, shift firmess, fan settings (215, 220, and 225 since I am running OEM tstat), and idle +100. Seems to be running well.

Griz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts