Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my 06 r/t has about 22k miles on it, and ive had problems with squeeling and vibration since the car had like 3k on it, the dealer replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors at around 5 k, then the problem got worse and they had to fully replace the rotors and pads and i think other parts as well at about 10k, yet by the time i hit 15k all the problems were back again:fuming: , and now its getting to the point that i have to downshift going down hills jus to slow down, because the brakes are f#cking around so much im afraid somethings gonna break, and of course the dealership is saying that since my car is past 12k that its out of my warranty, and my question is since its only been like 10 k since the whole assembly was replaced dousnt that just prove that the materials were faulty and its thier responsibility? i would love to just buy good aftermarked rotors and pads, but im 19 years old and sure as hell cant afford something like that... any suggestions would be deeply appreciated:confused:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
try looking into the lemon laws in Cali. in Pa if you have to take the car in 3 times for the same problem that they cannot fix they have to replace the vehicle good luck and a lawer consultation wouldnt be a bad idea either

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try looking into the lemon laws in Cali. in Pa if you have to take the car in 3 times for the same problem that they cannot fix they have to replace the vehicle good luck and a lawer consultation wouldnt be a bad idea either
thanks for the reply, yea i had thought about that, i just really dont wanna take it that far if i dont have to, because i really love my car, it happens to be one of those freaks that comes from the factory with more power than others, and was exceptionaly faster (when stock) than any other r/t id driven ( i sold dodge for 6 months and drove em every day) so idd hate to give up such a special vehicle. i just want some [email protected] decent brakes on the thing, oh btw ive been thinking since ive posted this thread, douse anyone know if the stock srt rotors will fit on my r/t, because if they do im going to tell the dealer to put them on instead of the regular ones, even if i have to pay a lil extra...

oh and any more oppinions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i think with the srt brakes you need a bigger wheel than the stockr/t wheels larger diameter rotors and bigger calipers. i have seen the srt brake upgrade kit for i think it was ahair under 1800 i will do some surfing and try to see where i say them at if the dealer wont help at least you know there are other options.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
are you just experiencing brake fade or are your pads getting eaten up prematurely

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Tirerack.com now carries powerslot rotors for the R/T. Combined with a set of Hawk HPS pads, that should solve your braking issues. You're looking at about $400 for the parts and 30-60 minutes or so to do the job.

Best,

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
And for goodness sake, hand torque the wheel lug nuts. Request it if someone is doing the brake job for you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think with the srt brakes you need a bigger wheel than the stockr/t wheels larger diameter rotors and bigger calipers. i have seen the srt brake upgrade kit for i think it was ahair under 1800 i will do some surfing and try to see where i say them at if the dealer wont help at least you know there are other options.
yea ive seen kits like those too, and i am getting bigger wheels in the next few days btw, but i was jus wondering if the oem rotors would fit, just because im sure they perform just as good as most aftermarket ones would, and be a lot cheaper

are you just experiencing brake fade or are your pads getting eaten up prematurely
definatly brake fade, i havent taken it all apart to see how bad the pads are, (to be honest i wouldnt know what to look for) i just know by the feel of everything that thier jacked up

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tirerack.com now carries powerslot rotors for the R/T. Combined with a set of Hawk HPS pads, that should solve your braking issues. You're looking at about $400 for the parts and 30-60 minutes or so to do the job.

Best,
oh no kidding, is that for front and back? because thats a hella lot cheaper than anything ive seen, in your oppinion hows the quality of thier stuff?
oh and thanks everyone for the responces, i really appreciate the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts