Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Charger R/T RWD. I am looking to replace the upper control arms and I have found 3 different options . All are Moog parts.
1st the RK620178 RK620177 Moog says these are the stock fitment but have an older caster spec.

2nd is RK622166 RK622217 that is supposed to have about 1 deg less caster. Non adjustable

3rd RK100166 RK100167 Adjustable Camber Plus or Minus 3 Degrees; Caster Plus or Minus 1.5 Degree(s)

My camber is in spec but to the negative side and the caster is about a full degree out of spec too high.
Has anyone used the adjustable uppers and what were the results and do they hold the specs?
This is a daily driver and I do not drive it hard. Looking to get best tire wear and handling as the car is mostly stock. Not wanting any radical mods.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Charger R/T RWD. I am looking to replace the upper control arms and I have found 3 different options . All are Moog parts.
1st the RK620178 RK620177 Moog says these are the stock fitment but have an older caster spec.

2nd is RK622166 RK622217 that is supposed to have about 1 deg less caster. Non adjustable

3rd RK100166 RK100167 Adjustable Camber Plus or Minus 3 Degrees; Caster Plus or Minus 1.5 Degree(s)

My camber is in spec but to the negative side and the caster is about a full degree out of spec too high.
Has anyone used the adjustable uppers and what were the results and do they hold the specs?
This is a daily driver and I do not drive it hard. Looking to get best tire wear and handling as the car is mostly stock. Not wanting any radical mods.
Thanks
Did you ever figure this out? I installed RK620178 and RK620177 and I couldn’t get caster aligned at three different shops! This is for a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T. I’m guessing I bought the wrong part conferring you mention 2013 in your post! Do’h

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done anything else to the suspension. My tires are wearing even and I don't have any handling problems so I have left it alone. I just installed the same spec that I took off .

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've done hundreds of alignments on our cars. Every single one of them was out of "spec" for caster, including my own.

Guys that do alignments and try to put everything in the "green" have no clue what their doing other than making it look good on paper. I've had to redo many other techs, that although the alignment looked good on paper, they still pulled or drifted to one side or the other.

If it's not pulling, don't worry about that caster number. It makes them a lot more comfortable on the highway/at speed than having it in spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts