Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my 2012 Dodge Charger SXT plus. I test drove one from one dealer and purchased from another. On the model I test drove (which was exact same as the one I bought) i had the UConnect 8.4N/RB5 (with Nav) only AFTER I drove the new card off the lot did I notice it the car features the UConnect 8.4/RE2 (no NAV.

Does anyone know how easy it is for the dealer to swap from the non NAV to the one with the NAV? Is it simply making a software change or do they physically need to replace the unit. I'm thinking of going back to the dealer and ask if they will make this change for me.

Thank you for your thoughts!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have seen videos on youtube from a company that does the upgrade check this out not sure if dealer will upgrade you though you will need to ask.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I believe the dealer can upgrade you but it won't be cheap. Yes there is someone offering an upgrade but it may not be Dodge, there is a Vid floating around and a thread somewhere here on the forums about it. Not sure if it is a physical or software upgrade.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my 2012 Dodge Charger SXT plus. I test drove one from one dealer and purchased from another. On the model I test drove (which was exact same as the one I bought) i had the UConnect 8.4N/RB5 (with Nav) only AFTER I drove the new card off the lot did I notice it the car features the UConnect 8.4/RE2 (no NAV.

Does anyone know how easy it is for the dealer to swap from the non NAV to the one with the NAV? Is it simply making a software change or do they physically need to replace the unit. I'm thinking of going back to the dealer and ask if they will make this change for me.

Thank you for your thoughts!
Knelso,

I found this on the subject. Basically if you have an RE2 now with the sales codes listed the dealer can do it for you. See below, your vehicle is the LD.

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Radio Upgrade Request RE2 Non-Navigation, To RB5 Navigation Radio
Discussion:
Owner is looking to upgrade his radio to a navigation radio. Order the RB5 radio, add the sales code
to the vehicle, and perform the restore vehicle configuration to complete.
The 4.3” to 8.4” Radio upgrade kits must have the following sales code qualifiers on them for the
radio and HVAC to function properly:

82213188- 2012 LD Nav. CTP Radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT, ANL, REB & RSC) Nav. Radio
upgrade kit from the 4.3 to the 8.4 screen, includes radio, upper center stack and I sheet.
82213202- 2012 LX Nav. CTP Radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT, ANL, JBD, REB & RSC) Nav.
Radio upgrade kit from the 4.3 to the 8.4 screen, includes radio, upper center stack and I sheet.
82213203- 2012 JC Nav. CTP Radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT, ANL, REB & RSC) Nav. Radio
upgrade kit from the 4.3 to the 8.4 screen, includes radio, upper center stack and I sheet.
82213304-2012 JC NON Nav. radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT,REB & RSC) Non Nav. Radio
82213305- 2012 LD NON Nav. Radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT,REB & RSC) Non Nav. Radio
upgrade kit from the 4.3 to the 8.4 screen, includes radio, upper center stack and I-sheet.
82213306- 2012 LX NON Nav. Radio kit (sales code qualifiers AJT,REB, RSC & JBD) Non Nav.
Radio upgrade kit from the 4.3 to the 8.4 screen, includes radio, upper center stack w/satin chrome
bezel and I-sheet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before you go to the dealer look up UCI-11C and Kenwood KNA G610 or Prodigy One GPS. The one from the dealer will not allow you to use GPS while driving but the others will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Knelso0 did you get the upgrade taken care? If not check this link out to the one I have for sale, for anyone for that matter who has the non navi setup and everything is plug n play. I know that from experience cause I had the non nav system it seems like it was prewired with everything you need to enjoy all the features for the upgrade to work. Just get it flashed by the dealer and you're good to go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charg...Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item2a23646e53

·
Registered
14 Posts
I jsut did this at the dealer Paid $1800 including install got my old system back for sale on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/180989647797?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 BUT on this new system the sirius travellink does not work There is not even an icon. Wonder if the dealer has to toggle something on in the module or if because I didnt have Sirius Travellink on the non nav 8.4 Sirius says I will not be able to add Travellink to my free trial which did transfer over HOWEVER they said they cant add travellink to a free trial. I love how Chrysler puts it on the sticker at $195 and then Sirius refers to it constantly as a free trial. Doesnt make sense.

Again the one I have for sale is the Non Nav 8.4 along with the screen and the bezel. ideal for an upgrade if your going from 4.3 screen to say the 8.4 and dont need Nav

·
Registered
566 Posts
I would call Sirius and beat them up some more. When the 8.4 first came out in 2011, they had some issues getting them into their database and activating them, but I did have travel link included in my 1 year trial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay here's the deal with the rb5 nav radio upgrade. When I first did my swap I bought it for the extra features I saw when test drove the rt max version. (Travel link, sports, weather etc.) When I got the first rb5 I didn't see the "more" soft key on the screen, even after the dealer flash and speaking with Sirius about it for hours. The interesting thing is when I was talking to Sirius they said that radio wasn't compatible to receive the travel link option so I told her it was the top-of-the line radio and it does have that option. So I took the radio back to the dealer and told them it was a defect cause it didn't show the options I was looking for. So 2 weeks later got the new radio and again no "more" soft key, then I called Mopar and finally got answer bout the rb5. He said that the travel link options are installed while the cars are being built so its attached with the free trial period and the ones you upgrade to #82213188 wasn't uploaded with that software because they only pay for the basic Sirius subscriptions for those. So anyone upgrading to the bigger screens keep in mind you will not have the travel link options or have the "more" key, it will be the settings soft key instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey ccuchris I see you went the dealer route instead of buying the one I have on sale on eBay cause I notice your tag, you sent me a msg bout having the 4 digit pin but like I told you the dealer handles all that when they flash it. It's all good I hope you enjoy ur new radio !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey ccuchris I see you went the dealer route instead of buying the one I have on sale on eBay cause I notice your tag, you sent me a msg bout having the 4 digit pin but like I told you the dealer handles all that when they flash it. It's all good I hope you enjoy ur new radio !
If I buy one from you how much to get the dealer to flash it?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If I buy one from you how much to get the dealer to flash it?
What they're talking about won't fit your car, That plus the thread is almost
3 years old...

·
Registered
29 Posts
What they're talking about won't fit your car, That plus the thread is almost
3 years old...
So how much to flash the PCM? The radio itself? Can I upgrade my regular radio in my 2008 charger to a factory Navigation just by buying one off Ebay?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
No need to flash PCM, you can purchase a Mygig RER Low Speed Bus Nav unit from Ebay or any forum sale thread. You won't need a new dash bezel as all 08 radios use the same size hole. You need a GPS antenna for the nav and a mic for the Uconnect hands free phone. Plus you may need to install a Sat Radio antenna extender if you want to use that. Search the forums for installing a Mygig RER.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No need to flash PCM, you can purchase a Mygig RER Low Speed Bus Nav unit from Ebay or any forum sale thread. You won't need a new dash bezel as all 08 radios use the same size hole. You need a GPS antenna for the nav and a mic for the Uconnect hands free phone. Plus you may need to install a Sat Radio antenna extender if you want to use that. Search the forums for installing a Mygig RER.
Awesome thanks for the reply! Okay I ordered a Mygig RER that came out of a vehicle same year and model as mine. I see how they install it looks pretty simple plug and play. You were right the bezel is the exact same!

So now I just need the Sat Nav Antenna which I may just steal from my Firebird lol as it's mostly parked these days, I can buy another one later if I need it again.

I don't use sat radio as I'll be using cd's and usb sticks.

So looks like I'm all set, can hardly wait till it arrives to plug it in :) :banana:

Any tips on installing the Sat Nav antenna? I noticed a small plug directly centre right next to the wind-shield, I hope my skinny arm can thread it all the way up there.

Anyway thanks again! You are the first one to help me in earnest on any of these forums I was starting to doubt lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts