Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning...

I'm going to buy OEM style headlights to replace the stock halogen headlights that's on the car.. (2008 SE)..

Which HID bulb is needed...

Thanx in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Depends on what ballasts you will be using. If you use the oem ballasts as well then you need a D1S HID bulb. If you use aftermarket ballasts like DDM Tuning then you will be needing a D2S bulb.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used a 6000k Phillips D1S and am happy if that's what you want to know. I think the ballast were Osram?

bill

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Heya Bill! Sup buddy! Dint know u were on here!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a 6000k Phillips D1S and am happy if that's what you want to know. I think the ballast were Osram?

bill
hey, was this used in the Factory HID or aftermarket OEM style?

Im looking into the OEM style, not factory...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The 06-10 chargers with factory HID used the Philips/Osram D1S bulbs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
507 Posts
hey, was this used in the Factory HID or aftermarket OEM style?

Im looking into the OEM style, not factory...
What exactly are you going to use for headlight housings? What do you want to use for HID's? There are so many different combos you can do. Need a better idea of what you want so I can help you out. I have OEM style housings with DDM Tuning HIDs. With these headlights you can use either the D1S bulbs like factory or use D2S bulbs which use aftermarket HID kits. Like I said you tell me what you want to do and I can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exactly are you going to use for headlight housings? What do you want to use for HID's? There are so many different combos you can do. Need a better idea of what you want so I can help you out. I have OEM style housings with DDM Tuning HIDs. With these headlights you can use either the D1S bulbs like factory or use D2S bulbs which use aftermarket HID kits. Like I said you tell me what you want to do and I can point you in the right direction.
Gotcha..

Well I'm gonna to pull the trigger on these from eBay...

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=370795654342

1389655253552.jpg

And want the right size HID bulbs and ballast and what else I should need to have them installed...

It's such a pain in the ass to take if the bumper, I wanna make sure I'm straight before I head to the auto spot to put them in...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ok those are the same housings I have and bought. You have a choice here. You can buy oem ballasts and bolt them to the bottom like the factory ones are. If you go that route then you will be using D1S bulbs if you use oem ballasts. There is also some wiring that has to be done as well. The wiring for those housings are different then what you have wired in your car. Second choice is using aftermarket ballasts like DDM Tuning and then you will need to use D2S bulbs. With the aftermarket setup you don't have to do any wiring changes but you have to drill some holes in the bulb caps to run your HID wires from the ballasts to the bulbs. I choice to do aftermarket stuff as it was cheaper and a little easier. The quality is not as good as oem but close and works good for me. If you google search you will see different ways to them. Basically you need to figure out how much you wanna spend and which route to go. Make sure you get error eliminators for the low beams so your lights don't flicker and work properly. I have 5000K bulbs and they are a bright pure white. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
those are the same headlight housing I have as well. I went the d1s route. I needed the bulbs, the ballast, the cable from ballast to headlight (not that easy to find). I had to make up a relay harness, it's not hard and the parts list is around somewhere, probably on lx. Also a fuse and capacitor. It sounds like a lot, but it's not too bad. The reason I went this route was because, at the time, the boards were flooded with post about aftermarket HIDs failing, or not getting what was wanted from vendors, etc. I just wanted to use what the factory was using in hopes it would hold up. It's been over a year now, and no problems.

bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts