Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I upgraded my 12 charger with the larger touch screen that has Satellite and Navigation. Unfortunately after doing so the Navigation tab doesn't show up and my temps are in Celsius. I took it to my local stealership (Autonation) and asked them to update the computer, but they just looked at me funny and said that they couldn't do that. Is there a way that I can update it myself? Or maybe try a different shop that can update it? I love the upgrade just annoyed that not everything is exactly right.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You had the smaller screen before?
It sounds like your new radio isn't the RB5 navigation one. There's nothing more to change it shows up automatically if the radio has that option.
If you don't have the auto button on your climate control its normal for the temperature to go to 22 degrees, there's a lot of posts about that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You had the smaller screen before?
It sounds like your new radio isn't the RB5 navigation one. There's nothing more to change it shows up automatically if the radio has that option.
If you don't have the auto button on your climate control its normal for the temperature to go to 22 degrees, there's a lot of posts about that.

Yes, I had the Smaller screen before. I had a friend whose 11 Charger had been wrecked. He had nav and sat. I purchased the whole interior setup from him, but once plugged into my car it wont show the nav, and the Temp is 22 degrees. I got the panel with the Auto button as well.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
Yes, I had the Smaller screen before. I had a friend whose 11 Charger had been wrecked. He had nav and sat. I purchased the whole interior setup from him, but once plugged into my car it wont show the nav, and the Temp is 22 degrees. I got the panel with the Auto button as well.
Unless you do bunch of other items, the climate is not going to magically work as your car was never wired for auto climate.

Far as the NAV, do you have photo of top of the radio unit?

Any photos of the screen?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you do bunch of other items, the climate is not going to magically work as your car was never wired for auto climate.

I don't have any on the top of the unit but I could very easily get them. As for the screen yes.
Font Communication Device Display device Gadget Cellular network

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So I finally got around to looking at the top of the radio. I have a picture of it, but not sure how to tell what it has just by looking at the top. I did look up the part number and found it doesnt have Navigation or even Uconnect.

Are you able to tell me how to tell which ones do and don't from the top of the radio? or part numbers that I should look for?

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
So I finally got around to looking at the top of the radio. I have a picture of it, but not sure how to tell what it has just by looking at the top. I did look up the part number and found it doesnt have Navigation or even Uconnect.

Are you able to tell me how to tell which ones do and don't from the top of the radio? or part numbers that I should look for?

What exactly are you expecting by having "uconnect"? Cause they all have uconnect. If you are expecting appleplay or android auto then forget about it. Never was an option in 11-14.

Need to search for an RB5 Radio out of a challenger, Charger, or 300. I suggest getting something 13-14 year range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What exactly are you expecting by having "uconnect"? Cause they all have uconnect. If you are expecting appleplay or android auto then forget about it. Never was an option in 11-14.

Need to search for an RB5 Radio out of a challenger, Charger, or 300. I suggest getting something 13-14 year range.
It's not really the Uconnect that I want. I want the Navigation. I already updated mine with Bluetooth and that works just fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Also, I am confused, is it the screen that has the navigation information or the radio behind the climate controls? Because I googled both part numbers that I have. The radio doesn't say anything about having navigation, but the the screen says navigation. This is just a bit confusing. I can upload pictures if needed

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
Also, I am confused, is it the screen that has the navigation information or the radio behind the climate controls? Because I googled both part numbers that I have. The radio doesn't say anything about having navigation, but the the screen says navigation. This is just a bit confusing. I can upload pictures if needed
Screen is just a screen. Radio in dash is where it all happens.

If you have a photo of the top of the radio with the label is I can find out about it. But sounds like it has NAV. Which speaking of which you can only get teh maps updated to 2018, and even then that is if you can find the software as it was discontinued.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
It's not really the Uconnect that I want. I want the Navigation. I already updated mine with Bluetooth and that works just fine.
Just so we are clear, Uconnect is what you have. It is what we all have regardless of screen size. It is the version that matters as well as year range (11-14 **** 15-22)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just so we are clear, Uconnect is what you have. It is what we all have regardless of screen size. It is the version that matters as well as year range (11-14 **** 15-22)

I am really confused then. I see some of the radios that have a button on the screen that says Uconnect. Mine doesn't have that which is why I assumed Uconnect was something else entirely.

Here is the picture of the top of my radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
I am really confused then. I see some of the radios that have a button on the screen that says Uconnect. Mine doesn't have that which is why I assumed Uconnect was something else entirely.

Here is the picture of the top of my radio.
Part number on that radio says it is a RE2 which means no nav.

Got a picture of the screen with it on?

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
I do, I took some while I was in dealer mode on it.
So yeah, Def no Nav. And that may be a 2011 RE2 which means no srt pages. But if it's a late 2011 or 2012 it will.

The firmware on it tells me it's a 2011 or 2012.

Why I always suggest 13+ for better software and srt pages.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So yeah, Def no Nav. And that may be a 2011 RE2 which means no srt pages. But if it's a late 2011 or 2012 it will.

The firmware on it tells me it's a 2011 or 2012.

Why I always suggest 13+ for better software and srt pages.
Well that sucks. I appreciate the help. Maybe almost time to just upgrade to a newer charger.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,667 Posts
Well that sucks. I appreciate the help. Maybe almost time to just upgrade to a newer charger.
I have an RE2 non nav 2013 radio. Fm connector little broken but work willing tonpart with cheap ($100 plus shipping) get photos once home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts