Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a navigation system for my '06 R/T without R&T. I have the factory 6 disc/tape player. Not sure on which navigation unit to get. I have a Garmin c330 that goes in the window but I want something to fit in the dash.

1) Do I need to get a new bezel for the navgiation to fit?
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/silver-navigation-radio-bezel-1cb331zbaa.html?cat=29

2) Will EVIC still work? I know Crutchfield sells kits that let you use your steering wheel controls. How does the EVIC play into this?

3) What Navigation system would you recommend? I don't care if it has DVD or not. I like the idea of having a 6 disc changer built into the head unit.

Thanks for all the input. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
If you have EVIC and you want everything to run right, go with the OEM Nav. You would have to replace the bezel but it would super easy. The deck is plug and play and the swap of parts on the bezel is a 5 min job tops. You might have to have the vehicle starscaned to get all the EVIC up, but I seem to remember others saying it worked after start up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i went to avic z2 and hac no problems.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have EVIC and you want everything to run right, go with the OEM Nav. You would have to replace the bezel but it would super easy. The deck is plug and play and the swap of parts on the bezel is a 5 min job tops. You might have to have the vehicle starscaned to get all the EVIC up, but I seem to remember others saying it worked after start up.
Thanks for the response. What do you think of the Navigation? Is it a nice unit or would it be better to go with an aftermarket company?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested in the Avic F90BT. It's a double din. Would that fit the new bezel correctly?

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,516 Posts
I'm interested in the Avic F90BT. It's a double din. Would that fit the new bezel correctly?
Yes, the navigation bezel is double DIN. It should fit with no or very little modding!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I added the AVIC F90BT in my 06 R/T a week ago and thiz thing iz amazing. I had the stock nav so i didn't need the new bezel but it did fit in fine, I also have the steering wheel controls and they still work with it. The musical note is now the mute button and the arrow iz to switch between sources but all the other stuff works, settings, volume etc. but thatz mine. If you have an IPOD like i do you won't need the 6 disc I'm getting use to not having 6 disc in my stereo. the boot time iz kind of a drag tho.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I added the AVIC F90BT in my 06 R/T a week ago and thiz thing iz amazing. I had the stock nav so i didn't need the new bezel but it did fit in fine, I also have the steering wheel controls and they still work with it. The musical note is now the mute button and the arrow iz to switch between sources but all the other stuff works, settings, volume etc. but thatz mine. If you have an IPOD like i do you won't need the 6 disc I'm getting use to not having 6 disc in my stereo. the boot time iz kind of a drag tho.
hmmm, never heard of that - these things have to "boot up" like a PC? How long does that take?

Is this a feature common to all aftermarket nav units?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yez it haz to load like a computer and the new Pioneer F Series iz the only onez I've heard of that do thiz. Wouldn't know about any other aftermarket systems, since thiz iz my first. Anyway, with mine it takez about 1 1/2 minutez to have everything working, it also dependz if u have an IPOD connected & size of it, w/o IPOD about 45 secondz & 1 1/2 minutez with. & while it'z loading u can only change the volume. I have the 80gb IPOD. but again thatz just mine.

By the way thiz iz better than the Ford Sync

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Yez it haz to load like a computer and the new Pioneer F Series iz the only onez I've heard of that do thiz. Wouldn't know about any other aftermarket systems, since thiz iz my first. Anyway, with mine it takez about 1 1/2 minutez to have everything working, it also dependz if u have an IPOD connected & size of it, w/o IPOD about 45 secondz & 1 1/2 minutez with. & while it'z loading u can only change the volume. I have the 80gb IPOD. but again thatz just mine.

By the way thiz iz better than the Ford Sync

what additional kits ( cables, siruis etc) did you have to buy to get everything working?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

did a search on google checking this unit out.
go get this firmware update it may fix your issues.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/21/pioneer-issues-firmware-update-for-screwy-avic-f-series-navigato/

Just over a month after the internet got all fired up about the problematic AVIC F-Series navigators, Pioneer has come to the rescue (we hope, anyway) with a free firmware update. Aimed specifically at the US-based AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT and AVIC-F700BT, the update will reportedly "improve overall system performance and resolve certain software issues." The outfit also notes that the AVIC-F500BT doesn't need the upgrade, and even if your unit has been a-okay thus far, it still recommends applying the software. Take ten minutes or so and see what the latest firmware has to offer, and be sure to let us know if all (or some) of the kinks have indeed been ironed out.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cool to hear the buttons on the steering wheel still work. That's one concern I had. I know Crutchfield sells a kit that can let you reprogram the buttons but I didn't want to bother with that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I bought it the day after the new updated versions were released and the boot time iz still kind of slow. I read that before the update it took at least 5 minutez, but i wouldn't know. And the only thing i have iz the IPOD because it came with an IPOD cable i don't really care to much for satellite radio. And of course i had to buy the steering wheel control interface. Thatz all i have

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.