Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just got my superchips flashpaq. I am trying to update it, it tells me it needs to update drivers, so I continue, the drivers are downloaded and updated, "ready to use"

Now i am left with 2 buttons, HELP that basically tells me nothing, and OK. When I click OK 2 more of the same driver update windows open up,k if I click NEXT on those it tells me it is updating and 2 seconds later shows me the drivers I just installed 5 minutes ago and "ready to use"

Everytime I click the OK button in the flashpaq application this happens. its a cycle that has not end.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Ok, so I just got my superchips flashpaq. I am trying to update it, it tells me it needs to update drivers, so I continue, the drivers are downloaded and updated, "ready to use"

Now i am left with 2 buttons, HELP that basically tells me nothing, and OK. When I click OK 2 more of the same driver update windows open up,k if I click NEXT on those it tells me it is updating and 2 seconds later shows me the drivers I just installed 5 minutes ago and "ready to use"

Everytime I click the OK button in the flashpaq application this happens. its a cycle that has not end.

What am I doing wrong?
Give Flashpaq a call, they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You may have to turn off firewalls.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have to turn off firewalls.
I did that.

And calling them isnt an option since I live like 9000 miles away :-(

·
Registered
368 Posts
What OS are you running? I know there was or is a problem with VISTA, but I think there is a thread on the flashpaq website about VISTA. Did you plug your tuner in with the USB cable? Did the tuner accept the update? What Database and Version does the tuner say?(V1.11 & DB 088?)

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What OS are you running? I know there was or is a problem with VISTA, but I think there is a thread on the flashpaq website about VISTA. Did you plug your tuner in with the USB cable? Did the tuner accept the update? What Database and Version does the tuner say?(V1.11 & DB 088?)

Ed
The PC I used is running XP. I plugged the tuner in when it told me to, not before or after. then nothing. exactly how I described it. the updates were downloaded but the arent being transfered to the tuner.

I have no idea what versions anything is. where can I get that info. seriously, i JUST got the SC yesterday.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The PC I used is running XP. I plugged the tuner in when it told me to, not before or after. then nothing. exactly how I described it. the updates were downloaded but the arent being transfered to the tuner.

I have no idea what versions anything is. where can I get that info. seriously, i JUST got the SC yesterday.
Here: http://www.flashpaq.com/release_news.phtml?t=3825. Try posting your problem on the SC (flashpaq.com) forum. Hope this helps.

Ed

·
Registered
368 Posts
ultrablue: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the flashpaq software again. Have you set up your account on flashpaq.com yet? (just trying to think up some options for you).

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
the reinstalling of the application sounds like a good idea. Im going to try that. I also took your advice and posted the issue on flashpaq's forums. I got a 1st response in 10 minutes and Im sure they'll figure it out.

Ill post back with what happens!

Edit. OK! you guys were right, reinstalling the app got me past the snag I was in, now the drivers and updates are downloaded. so then it asks me for my login infor, I log in and it shows me one update and 2 upgrades. I click on the update and on the bottom there is a button that says DOWNLOAD. so I click it and 10 seconds later Im booted right back to flashpaq.com's main page.

Is the update downloaded? and if so how do I now get it to the flashpaq? because I plugged it into the car and its telling me Stutus" Needs update and code E-6D

Any ideas?

·
Registered
368 Posts
What happens when you click on the Flashpaq Tune-up Icon on your desktop? Does it take you to the update page and check/download updates? After it does that you can plug your Flashpaq in with the usb cable and click OK to update. Does the Flashpaq tuner screen show it's update progress? (bars). I think you keep hitting the download button on the flashpaq.com site and not the Flashpaq Tune-up Icon created on your desktop. Just a thought.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts