Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 5.7 and i'm stock except for Byrlcream mod and i updated the Predator today to the 16b version and its a little improvement from the previous one, i luv it. The only problem is that i took it to the strip and traffic was really thick and i was idling for like 10 minutes and then it died on me, i restarted the car no prob and everything seemed fine until it did it too me 2 more times!! I was running the 93 oct perf with firmer shifts.
Do i need to increase the fuel?? whats the remedy guys??? or u think my gas station jipped me and gave me something lower than 93??

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Never heard of an engine shutting off due to an octane issue. If an engine ever dies because of too low octane, you'll definitely notice something very very very nasty happening to your engine before it expires, and it certainly won't be starting up again.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Never heard of an engine shutting off due to an octane issue. If an engine ever dies because of too low octane, you'll definitely notice something very very very nasty happening to your engine before it expires, and it certainly won't be starting up again.
x2..sounds like it could just be a glitch in the software?..

could always try removing and putting the tune back on

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the 5.7 and i'm stock except for Byrlcream mod and i updated the Predator today to the 16b version and its a little improvement from the previous one, i luv it. The only problem is that i took it to the strip and traffic was really thick and i was idling for like 10 minutes and then it died on me, i restarted the car no prob and everything seemed fine until it did it too me 2 more times!! I was running the 93 oct perf with firmer shifts.
Do i need to increase the fuel?? whats the remedy guys??? or u think my gas station jipped me and gave me something lower than 93??
There's other threads on lx forums of people who have the 16 or 16a, and it shuts off at a stoplight. The problem I have is when I floor it in Automatic the car doesn't downshift to the lowest gear it stays one above, losing lots of power through the lost gear, so I'm having to use Autostick when I wanna have fun. They are addressing all the problems right now and will hope to come out with version 17 soon, If your problems persists or worsens I'd call diablo to see if you could get the original version it came with to be safe. If you wanna really keep track of things you should go over and search on lx forums also, more people, more predators, and a Diablo rep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts