Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehe....I was driving along in northern VA last night in the Tesla and a black 2011-ish Charger with some sort of aftermarket hood that vaguely looked like an SRT and heavily tinted glass passed me. I could tell it was a V6 by the sound as it went by, but they'd removed the fender badges. As it got in front of me, I saw an "SRT" decal where the trunk badge would normally be and a Hellcat badge. And it had the stock skinny SXT rims/tires. It was pretty funny.

:)

I had to turn at the next light so I didn't get a pic.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I posted a thread a few years ago, I saw a white SE Charger plastered with Hellcat badges and the black vinyl Hellcat logo along the side that some of them have. Sad part is they were revving and trying to pull on me while we were going maybe 45mph in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Unfortunately, our cars all look the same to most people anyway. The guy in the rental spec Charger has the same car as the guy who paid close to $100k. Good and bad, that could be argued from both sides.

For the rest of us, all we can do is laugh and shake our heads. :LOL:

Unrelated side question - should I place the Shelby Cobra emblems on the fenders or just the front/rear?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't care what anyone else has or what they try to appear to have. Has zero effect on my driving ability or experience.

Call your Metro Geo a Hellcat, cool with me my car is unaffected!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've said it before the upbadging is so silly because for people into cars we will know that you're faking. For people not into cars they won't care if you have SXT or Hellcat. The only possible demographic that could be fooled is perhaps gold digging women who are brand aware but not informed enough to know the difference?... "Oh he's got a Hellcat must be loaded..." never mind the lack of Brembos or wrong hood/seats etc.

Ok I guess I answered my own question.... ;)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
^ LOL. Men are the worst when it comes to being brand aware but not knowing the difference between original - - - and fake nails, fake eyelashes, fake dairy dispensers, and dyed hair.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The attitude of you do whatever you like with your car, I'm cool with it,is seen as BMW bigotry?

Help me understand.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
491 Posts
Is there small chance that it was 11'-14' body Charger with swapped engine?
And the owner had a budget to do only this plus some aftermarket hood plus some badges.
Most likely not, but he passed Tesla......

Last 2 days we did a small trip 300 km north and back.
Except police cruisers - zero Chargers on the road. 2 Challengers, Ford Grand Torino and 2 El-Camino .
But the BMWs (some, not all drivers) drove the highway the way like they must win a competition or someone was there in labor and they rushed to hospital.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,241 Posts
Tissue in a bra.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts