Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising through the city and found a Chrysler 300 with a 392 badge. The 300 was a newer 2015? Chrysler 300s and they stuck the 392 badge on the side.

What's the most ridiculous up-badging you've seen?

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
I was cruising through the city and found a Chrysler 300 with a 392 badge. The 300 was a newer 2015? Chrysler 300s and they stuck the 392 badge on the side.

What's the most ridiculous up-badging you've seen?
Yeah, get used to it with cars!

More so with the Japanese brands (Honda, Nissan, etc.)

Yeah, on the 300's, they don't use the 392 on the side like the Charger SRT's do!

If it is correct though, it would have round exhaust tips instead of oval/rectangular. It would also have the SRT badge on the rear!

·
Super Moderator
11,494 Posts
There's already a ton of threads on this subject....

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
No they don't. The badge on the side is "6.4L Hemi"
Well if that is the case, maybe they dropped a 6.4L crate engine into his/her new 300. There are plenty of examples of that being done. Maybe they did not like the 6.4L badge on the side and thought the 392 looked better.

With that said, claiming that someone up-badged without talking to them about their ride IMO is going overboard and jumping to conclusions.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if that is the case, maybe they dropped a 6.4L crate engine into his/her new 300. There are plenty of examples of that being done. Maybe they did not like the 6.4L badge on the side and thought the 392 looked better.
With that said, claiming that someone up-badged without talking to them about their ride IMO is going overboard and jumping to conclusions.
While I am assuming it is upbadged, the seat stitched "S" and the back having the 300s badge and the wheels matching the ones that came from the S package tell me that this is a case of upbadging. But you probably know better than me...

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
While I am assuming it is upbadged, the seat stitched "S" and the back having the 300s badge and the wheels matching the ones that came from the S package tell me that this is a case of upbadging. But you probably know better than me...
Most probably not, this is the first Charger I have owned since my 76 Charger. However when I see a Challenger RT with a 392 badge on the fender, or a Charger, the first thing I think of is that this car has been modified with a nice engine. Just a different way to look at it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most probably not, this is the first Charger I have owned since my 76 Charger. However when I see a Challenger RT with a 392 badge on the fender, or a Charger, the first thing I think of is that this car has been modified with a nice engine. Just a different way to look at it.

I guess we won't know without the owner popping the hood. For me, I always assume people badge up because they cost <$5 instead of engine swaps >$4000 (not even taking account labor, other parts that would need to swap for the fit)

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
However when I see a Challenger RT with a 392 badge on the fender, or a Charger, the first thing I think of is that this car has been modified with a nice engine. Just a different way to look at it.
Depending on the year, as the 2015 - 2016 Challenger and Charger Scat Packs are an R/T with a 392 engine!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
The other day I saw a late 90s rusty Silverado, with a huge Cadillac badge on the back, Cadillac decal on the rear window.
I tried to get a picture, but that northstar was too fast! LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing. I work for FCA and you have to have an FCA vehicle to park in the structure. This morning I saw an older Ford Escape, debadged and with a Jeep badge on it. He must have fooled security because apparently he is known to park in the structure and never had any issues.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Funny thing. I work for FCA and you have to have an FCA vehicle to park in the structure. This morning I saw an older Ford Escape, debadged and with a Jeep badge on it. He must have fooled security because apparently he is known to park in the structure and never had any issues.
That's funny. I heard stories of Coke workers getting fired if the saw a Pepsi in your car lol, don't know if that is true or not.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That's funny. I heard stories of Coke workers getting fired if the saw a Pepsi in your car lol, don't know if that is true or not.
My uncle works for Pepsi and you're not even allowed to have Coke in your house.. Don't think you’d get fired for it but higher up you are (executive) the more seriously they take it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts