Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that there is a connector inside my console that I hadn't seen before. The installation is pretty clean, but I'm guessing it isn't OEM. It is a six wire data connection (looks like a phone or ethernet jack, just with 6 wires). Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I hope it's not something simple I'm missing or have overlooked. Any ideas are appreciated.

'09 R/T with mygig and rear entertainment system added.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
could be the ipod adaptor that was available before...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just noticed that there is a connector inside my console that I hadn't seen before. The installation is pretty clean, but I'm guessing it isn't OEM. It is a six wire data connection (looks like a phone or ethernet jack, just with 6 wires). Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I hope it's not something simple I'm missing or have overlooked. Any ideas are appreciated.

'09 R/T with mygig and rear entertainment system added.
Do you have the rear dvd player in the console? If not, thats probably what thats for. I have the dvd player and the connector im thinking of is located in the console towards the the front of it but behind the cup holders

·
Registered
178 Posts
I do have the rear entertainment system in the console. I'm not sure what this connector might have to do with that though.
It's possible that the previous owner had wifi in the car.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That is the factory iPod connection you should have another cable somewhere in the car that has the cat5 plug-in with the iPod large connector on the other end. Might be in the glove box or trunk. If you aren't original owner it might have gone with them or it wasn't an option to your sales package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts