Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 21,000 miles on my F1's and they all look pretty good (lots of highway miles). Except the left front tire which has really worn out the outer edge (to the point where all the markers are smooth). Tire pressures have always been maintained, and no signs of alignment issues. Car rides perfect at all speeds and tracks straight as an arrow on the highway.

I've read other threads about edge wear on the F1's, but I really wouldn't expect only one tire to be effected.

Anyone else with this?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem, noticed it around 6k miles. Took it to the dealer and they had to install a new camber bolt. They also fixed the tire shake that happened between 75-80ish MPH, both under warranty.

Have your dealer take a look.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm trying to deal with this problem right now. I've had the two front tie rods replaced, but the car has developed a shimmy at 40 mph. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
If you got 21,000 miles out of your F1s then I take my hat off to you.

Yes, these tires (and to a lesser extent the car) are very sensitive to alignment and balance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
WOW 21k on F1's?? To me, that is AMAZING. As to the uneven tire wear problem, i have clocked 200 miles and i think the rears are wearing faster than the fronts. LOL. But the smile on my face hasn't worn at all. hehehe

gary

·
Registered
731 Posts
Anyone else with this?
Ha! I have both my fronts doing this. I now have 31,000 KMS on mine at this time. I'm going to get an alignment done regardless before I put the new Falkens on. My shimmy developed when I rotated the front tires side to side. The badyears are so sensitive to balance, it's crazy!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I won't take chances and I'll do the alignment. Hopefully the tire shop will recognize a bad camber bolt if it needs one.

Nitto Invos on tomorrow!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I guess I won't take chances and I'll do the alignment. Hopefully the tire shop will recognize a bad camber bolt if it needs one.

Nitto Invos on tomorrow!
I had the exact same problem, front driver side tire wore out on the OUTSIDE edge, almost totally bald, but I only got around 12k out of the F1s.

Alignment was off on my car, probably from day one. My 2nd set of F1's ( after the alignment ) has been wearing evenly.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm trying to deal with this problem right now. I've had the two front tie rods replaced, but the car has developed a shimmy at 40 mph. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow.
We did an alignment & tire check this morning. The alignment is within spec. but both front tires are showing uneven wear (visual when spinning the tire on the car). Question is - After 20,000 miles, did the loose tie rods cause the uneven tread wear, or did the uneven tread wear cause the tie rods to wear?

So, it was off to the tire store this morning to order new tires. The tire store has a dynamic load balancing machine. Hopefully the new tires and dynamic balance solve the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.