Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for mods to make to the under-hood appearance. Sought the usual places- billet, carbonbydesign, etc., and have found many falling under a few categories:

Caps

Oil Catch Cans- do they really help or are they just pretty

Radiator Covers- do they really help or are they just pretty

Strut Tower Braces- same as above

I wondered if some of you would post your pics of under the hood with your mods and vendor. I'm definitely buying from billet tech, but want to figure out what color would look best for all the caps.

I would appreciate any advice and info!

CZ

·
Registered
150 Posts
I added some stuff from Billet Tech and Carbon By Design. It's not cheap, but I get many positive comments about them at car shows.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
here are some of mine from BT... they are the best out there in my opinion for engine dress-up items. "black chrome with engrave after"

·
Registered
792 Posts
The polished intake on the SRT8's makes and big difference.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I get a lot of compliments from people, but of course engine dress-up is just that. No performance gains to speak of, just something shiny to showboat. Right now I have a Mopar Air Intake (obviously THAT bolsters performance), a custom painted engine cover, and hood struts.

In the next few days I will be installing a bunch of chrome to dress up the engine and highlight the cover. I will take some pics when it is done, but here a few off of their website.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Billet Tech black chrome with engraving after the chrome. Pealed the stickers off the upper radiator brace. Polished the AC lines and ABS block with aluminum polish.

Wish list. Carbon radiator cover. More Billet Tech including catch can and dip stick. AirHammer. Paint coolant tank. Better looking hose clamps for radiator and heater hoses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, those are all sharp...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
IMO, unless your highly modified(engine work), the catch cans are useless.'
Radiator cover...pretty only
Strut brace...Form and function

1 - 8 of 8 Posts