Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd like to see what it looks like...I loved the Saleen Mustang in Transformers with it and the Charger police cars look alright...It's all in personal taste and it's what you want...Me personally I think it would look cool.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the same thing everyone thought the last 40 times people asked this question in the other 15 threads

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
need one of those cattle catchers like the old trains had :D

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
the same thing everyone thought the last 40 times people asked this question in the other 15 threads
Yeah, but which CAI is best for use with the best synthetic oil that makes whichever exhaust sounds best sound best and which temperature HIDs should he use?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yeah, but which CAI is best for use with the best synthetic oil that makes whichever exhaust sounds best sound best and which temperature HIDs should he use?
it all depends on coefficient of the molecular structure of the steel used in the push bar, example 4130 chromoly would require a lower operating temperture then say a 400 series stainless which would still be lower than a titanium in normalized state, however if the titanium was heat treated he could do what ever he felt like so therefore we would need to know the parameters in which we speak (meaning you)
hope i did not confuse the issue

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
it all depends on coefficient of the molecular structure of the steel used in the push bar, example 4130 chromoly would require a lower operating temperture then say a 400 series stainless which would still be lower than a titanium in normalized state, however if the titanium was heat treated he could do what ever he felt like so therefore we would need to know the parameters in which we speak (meaning you)
if that is the case, then how do those ebay catch cans work? I'm not forking over the money to get a high quality piece from BT. Also, what is the cheapest oil available for my $40k dollar car?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
after reviewing the several available options on ebay they would perform the same function as the higher priced version, a simple container to allow oil and particles to fall out of suspension and remain in the can while air passes through. as for the oil issue you could just use the oil out of your other car,ex. after changing the oil in said other car you put it in the srt and run it 3000 more miles and it still wont be worn out oil does not actually wear out it becomes contaminated with other metals from wear on engine components changing oil at 3000 miles is rather wasteful

·
Registered
109 Posts
That may be the funniest thing I have EVER read......

As for the stupid brush guard..I vote "HELL NO!" But hey...it's your car, if you want to make it look ridiculous..have at it.:slap:

·
Registered
367 Posts
after reviewing the several available options on ebay they would perform the same function as the higher priced version, a simple container to allow oil and particles to fall out of suspension and remain in the can while air passes through. as for the oil issue you could just use the oil out of your other car,ex. after changing the oil in said other car you put it in the srt and run it 3000 more miles and it still wont be worn out oil does not actually wear out it becomes contaminated with other metals from wear on engine components changing oil at 3000 miles is rather wasteful
well thats very informative but you still didnt answer my question about the cheapest synthetic oil ! i really dont want to dish out the extra $5 :cowsmile:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
big negative!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright thats fan-damn-tastic about the oil, but frankly i dont care... but heres a pic of the charger with my fogs installed and the brush guard... :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
alright thats fan-damn-tastic about the oil, but frankly i dont care... but heres a pic of the charger with my fogs installed and the brush guard... :D
That is certainly mean. Nice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think it looks good. How much did u pay for it? Was it hard to install?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts