EVERY
MACHINE
INVENTED
:lol:

#8 ·
It looks like it can reflect too :D

#10 · (Edited)
You need to adjust your levels!
The Plum Crazy color is a difficult colors to capture. That picture was taken with white balance set according to existing light. I did not adjust the color at all, because it looked correct on my color balanced calibrated monitor. Your adjusted color looks very blue on my laptop, which is also color balanced, but not used for critical color tasks. It's a difficult color to capture, because ambient lighting color shifts the plum crazy more then any other color. Heavy cloud cover makes the color look royal blue. Bright sun makes it look PURPLE.

Short of using my gray card, it's not going to get much closer.

Do you color balance and calibrate your monitor with eye one or an equivalent product?

#11 ·
The Plum Crazy color is a difficult colors to capture. That picture was taken with white balance set according to existing light. I did not adjust the color at all, because it looked correct on my color balanced monitor. Your adjusted color looks very blue on my laptop, which is also color balanced, but not used for critical color tasks. It's a difficult color to capture, because ambient lighting color shifts the plum crazy more then any other color. Heavy cloud cover makes the color look royal blue. Bright sun makes it look PURPLE.

Short of using my gray card, it's not going to get much closer.

Do you color balance your monitor with eye one or an equivalent product?

Did you shoot that using AWB?

I use pantone huey pro.

#12 ·
Did you shoot that using AWB?

I use pantone huey pro.
That shot was done with custom WB using my (2nd) home made Expo Disk, which has never failed me before. But this is beyond what came out of the camera, because on the desktop, the color appeared right on. Laptop it's slightly off, which I expect to see. I have not looked at the modified photo on the desktop.

I'll recalibrate the desktop in the next couple of days, retake the picture using the primary expodisk equivalent and also a gray card {assuming I can find it}, and repost the picture.

#13 ·
Plum Crazy is very tough to photograph, out of all the pics I have taken only a few look right. Hey I have a picture that looks like the one you have. That's odd

Attachments

#16 ·
your photo clearly demonstrates why this color is so hard to photograph. The color is way different in the middle of the picture and changes as the light changes.

#17 ·
I think it's the blu pigment in the paint. The blue realy comes out in sunlight pics as well as a gray scale feature on some cameras. Might be a digi prob though, it being too sharp.

Anyone try just an old scholl disposable?

#18 ·
I think I've got a roll of film hanging around. Could always try it, but it was unpredictable film developing that finally drove me to digital. Every single roll of film was color shifted, one way or the other. Finally found a lab that could actually develop film consistently, but they could not digitize correctly :(

Red doesn't help either, because most cameras over expose and clip reds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.