Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm curious to see how many people bought this option with their car. So far I'm not liking what I see. I've had two oil changes and both times they did not use the recommended oil. Our book mentions 10W-30, but the first oil change that they did said 5W-30 and the second one said 5W-20. Now correct me if I'm wrong, if they F&**^ up my car by using the wrong oil, they take full responsibility for my Life Time Warrnt still right? By the way I'm at 7,000 miles so far.

On a side note, I requested that they use Synthetic and they told me that they would only use what was recommended. Now how in the hell could this be true if they have used 5W-30 and 5W-20 before and both times? Since the last change, I've noticed some engine knock while idle in Drive and Reverse. It does not knock in Park, Neutral, or while accelerating.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That don't sound rite. If you tell them to put in 10w30 then they should. Sounds like you got some real winners over at that service center. I would take it to a different dealer to look at. But using those different types of oils really wouldn't harm you engine, but if you hear some knocking get it looked at ASAP

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need to speak up when you go for service and make sure what is put in your car is what is specified in the service manual. Talk to the service manager if need be.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you can use any oil but has to meet API standers
as per service manual.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback and I'll be making some changes to correct this problem.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Definitely have them use what you specify and I would highly recommend using synthetic. It's much better for engines; I use it in everything I own from lawn mowers to dirtbikes to cars.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely have them use what you specify and I would highly recommend using synthetic. It's much better for engines; I use it in everything I own from lawn mowers to dirtbikes to cars.
Thanks and I'm even thinking about watching them to make sure that they actually put in what I requested. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts