Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all may know, i will be in the United Kingdom til December 3rd 2009. I am staying in England, in the Harrogate area and ive spotted a black Challenger RT and a black Charger in the area. I know Menwith Hill is close but I was just wondering if anyone knew any members here that I could PM to try to see whats going on....

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
The only Brits I can think of offhand are Arfur and SkippyUK...

Ol' Arf hasn't been around for waaayyy too long, and Skippy hasn't logged in since July. :sad:

Arfur has a Mango Daytona he shipped over from Texas (really!), and Skippy has a Blue Super Bee.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well maybe i can get something out of them, ill pm

bump for the day shift.................

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm still around, still got the Super Bee and the wife's now running a 2008 Challenger SRT.

Just don't go on the old PC much these days.

Haven't heard fron Arfur for a long while, even though last I heard he only lived 7 miles from me!!!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I'm an ex-pat now living in the US for the last 6 years however still have ties to the UK - used to live neer Leeds. Let me know if you need any info on anything English.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

I'm new to the forum. I am looking to buy a 2006 SRT8 at the end of the yaer. Spoke to a few all in one import companies here and a few shipping companies. The best deal I have came across in the past week is buying one direct from the US and getting it shipped over. Was about £21k all in.

Obviously, I am looking for the best/cheapest method of purchasing a road legal, solid condition 2006 Black Charger SRT8. Any advice and links to the best importers with the best deals would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Think this is the car advertised last year, if so the guy brought it back from the States when he moved to the UK, decided he didn't want to use it on UK roads so put it up for sale.

Cheap car, probably get some off it as well as its not best time of year, plus its a long way from most potential buyers up there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats the road Tax and Insurance like, I can move back my v6, but I'm not sure on these costs...

Wish they did a 2010 challenger/ 2011 charger - v6 turbos diesel like the 300c

·
Registered
469 Posts
Annual tax on a 5.7 Charger is 190 GBP. I'm not sure about the insurance, I'm still running with a U.S. company.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Annual tax on a 5.7 Charger is 190 GBP. I'm not sure about the insurance, I'm still running with a U.S. company.
Cheers for such a quick reply..

Just a couple of questions..

How much was the conversion to UK spec... Teslayn and engine/exhaust mods.

I think it maybe cheaper to buy a car in the UK as shipping will cost around grand, the car will be a year old in feb, owned by me so no issues I believe in import TAX.

The car cost me 78,000 AED (13,5K uk)

^^ My car in the showroom ;)

Probably is worth 65,000AED(11K uk) in feb, by then it will 15,000 Kilometers on the clock.

So adding on the conversion/import costs it doesn't look worth it..

I have avoided modifying mine apart from the rear speakers, just incase I have to sell it and buy a UK one.

How do you find owning one,, for UK use.

I can see my luxury of only paying 20quid for a full tank in Dubai will be truely out the window,, ;)

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
469 Posts
Having one in the UK will be expensive. I'm not sure, but I think the import tax is around 25% of the current value of the car. There might be an exemption for vehicles less than 3 years old, but I'm not an expert. As far as the conversion goes, they only convert the lights and it was about 200-300 GBP IIRC.

The other down-sides are fuel (around 1.15 per liter) and the car is fairly massive for British parking spaces and roads. Some scratches and dings are almost inevitable. Don't forget all of the salt they throw on the roads during the winter time. Some kind of underbody coating is a MUST.

There are days that I regret bringing mine, but more often I'm glad I have it. It's very unique in this country and a lot of fun to drive.

Very nice car BTW!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for your help...

My boss has a landcruiser, the charger is longer and wider. I know what you mean about the parking issue, even in Dubai I end up parking at the far end of the car-park.

Likely I will have to leave it here, sad day for me when that happens..

Will buy in the UK, probably end up with the diesel 300c.

Again, thanks for your help.

P.S my other car is a 84hp smart, which sit's in a garage when I'm back in the UK. Total other end of the spectrum. ;)

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
When Arfur had his Mango shipped over from the States, the UK conversion included some engine work (don't recall specifics), the "dreaded" front fender side repeaters and the rear fog light additions. If you do a search for Arfur's threads, you can find all that info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts