Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting a FREE set of Flowmaster Delta Flows, a search for this specific muffler turned up nilch... anyone have experience with them I have an RT. :beer_yum:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
They look like this

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're on my brothers Mustang and sound good, they're supposed to practically eliminate drone, I just wanted to know if anyone used em on a charger. I hate posting an exhaust thread but I'm out of options. Do you think my car will get sick putting these on after they were on a Stang? These are NOT the 44's everybody here seems to use.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
my brother had them on his old RT... they look like this

they sounded pretty good, nice and deep and mean. i heard a srt chally with a flowmaster setup last night and it was pretty similar as well

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
were they the delta flows? These aren't standard 40 series, they have an extra baffle to cut drone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the Delta's are quieter since they have that extra baffle and that could be the reason nobody has used them yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Delta series mufflers on my Charger (40's I think), and I love them!! I went from the Brylcreem (Liked) to JBA SRT with no resonators (To droney) to the Delta's. They were almost perfect but still a little droney for me (had to have my stereo up to about 19 to hear it when cruising on the freeway), so I had them add some glass packs right before the chrome JBA tips. Now I can have it to around 7-8 on the freeway and hear it fine. Nice loud roar when you romp on it, nice rumble when you idle and keep it under 2500 RPM's or so.
The roar has gotten a "Little" louder with the addition of the SRT-8 exhaust manifolds, but only when I stomp on it, and the idle and slow speeds are still perfectly acceptable around the neighborhood (wife still thinks it is too loud, but my 4 year old daughter loves it!!).:yes:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the Delta's are quieter since they have that extra baffle and that could be the reason nobody has used them yet.
I have the Delta series mufflers on my Charger (40's I think), and I love them!! I went from the Brylcreem (Liked) to JBA SRT with no resonators (To droney) to the Delta's. They were almost perfect but still a little droney for me (had to have my stereo up to about 19 to hear it when cruising on the freeway), so I had them add some glass packs right before the chrome JBA tips. Now I can have it to around 7-8 on the freeway and hear it fine. Nice loud roar when you romp on it, nice rumble when you idle and keep it under 2500 RPM's or so.
The roar has gotten a "Little" louder with the addition of the SRT-8 exhaust manifolds, but only when I stomp on it, and the idle and slow speeds are still perfectly acceptable around the neighborhood (wife still thinks it is too loud, but my 4 year old daughter loves it!!).:yes:
THX:beer_yum:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts