Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were updates on driveuconnect.com for the '13 and '14 vehicles yesterday.

There are two updates for each year. One is for the radio firmware and the other is for the Garmin module if you have navigation.

The download process is a huge pain in the butt, and for some reason, the link for the radio update for the '14 models is currently broken. The '13 files are live, though.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
There were updates on driveuconnect.com for the '13 and '14 vehicles yesterday.

There are two updates for each year. One is for the radio firmware and the other is for the Garmin module if you have navigation.

The download process is a huge pain in the butt, and for some reason, the link for the radio update for the '14 models is currently broken. The '13 files are live, though.
Thanks for the update on this!

Any idea yet on what this fixes, if anything?

When you mention the radio firmware, hopefully this fixes the issue where the radio station just changes randomly for some, including myself!

Hopefully the Garmin module update doesn't prevent us from updating our own navigation system without having to get their disc!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea what the radio update does yet, since I have a '14 and can't download the file for my year until they fix it.

The Garmin update will indeed make it a little more difficult to update the maps, but ultimately means you just have to add two small files to the update stick. A couple of people have successfully updated their maps with CTP14 firmware, so it's not a big deal. The new Garmin firmware is 4.30.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
No idea what the radio update does yet, since I have a '14 and can't download the file for my year until they fix it.

The Garmin update will indeed make it a little more difficult to update the maps, but ultimately means you just have to add two small files to the update stick. A couple of people have successfully updated their maps with CTP14 firmware, so it's not a big deal. The new Garmin firmware is 4.30.
LOL, yeah, I was one of the people that updated mine!

They need to post what the update does, kinda like most other updates out there.

That way, we can determine if we want it or need it!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Too many people to remember, and I'm on a few forums!

If you already updated to 4.30, it's the same update.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Lol. Too many people to remember, and I'm on a few forums!

If you already updated to 4.30, it's the same update.
Oh, no I meant I updated my maps, not the firmware!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, alright then. The update is safe, as far as I know, but I haven't personally tried to update my maps with it yet. I'm waiting for the next map update to nail the procedure down.

Worst-case, you can always downgrade back to CTP13.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Yeah, I am not getting anywhere with the download!

I can download that Akamai NetSession Interface, but after that, it does nothing!

I was hoping it would tell us in the files somewhere what the update does!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No release notes, and that installer is horrible.

I finally got it to work in Chrome, though the '14 radio update link was still broken earlier today when I tried it.

When you get to the page where you enter your VIN, click on the little gray shield in the address bar and select "run unsafe scripts" before entering the number. You know everything is finally working when you see a "skip" button during the tutorial screens.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Thanks tanbam. It seems there is a lot of download gymnastics to get thru here. I recently installed a RB5 nav that I purchased on ebay from a legit company that removes radio nav units from Dodge / Chrysler cars headed for S. America. I sent my non nav radio back to them for a core credit. It ended up a $500 cost, but the thing worked perfectly. I think it is from a 2013 300C. The company is called Daimler Financial. I will give it a shot and see how it goes. Any chance of freezing my RB5, and it ends up being non functional?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would certainly help to know what version the radio was, but I think it might sort itself out.

If you have the CTP13/14 version Garmin module, you can apply the Nav update. To tell them apart, the CTP11/12 radios have a magnifying glass on the 'Where To?' screen, and the CTP13/14 systems have a curvy arrow.

As far as the radio update goes, you will just have to see which one works. The radio won't install the wrong one, so you can try the '14 file as soon as the link is working, and if it doesn't work, you can try the '13.

I read on another forum today that someone locked up their radio doing an install, but I'm not sure how it happened. Their info says that they have a '14, so I don't know how they even got the right file. Someone else mentioned that the downloader gave them a '11 update instead of a '14, so I think there's something very wrong going on in the Uconnect server.

In your unique situation, I'd wait a few days until the dust settles before I started to experiment. As soon as we start getting more folks who have had successes, it should be safe.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
No release notes, and that installer is horrible.

I finally got it to work in Chrome, though the '14 radio update link was still broken earlier today when I tried it.

When you get to the page where you enter your VIN, click on the little gray shield in the address bar and select "run unsafe scripts" before entering the number. You know everything is finally working when you see a "skip" button during the tutorial screens.
Yeah, If I was the admin for that website, I would have made everything a lot better!

I don't know why they are using that software instead of just direct downloads! :confused:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It would certainly help to know what version the radio was, but I think it might sort itself out.

If you have the CTP13/14 version Garmin module, you can apply the Nav update. To tell them apart, the CTP11/12 radios have a magnifying glass on the 'Where To?' screen, and the CTP13/14 systems have a curvy arrow.

As far as the radio update goes, you will just have to see which one works. The radio won't install the wrong one, so you can try the '14 file as soon as the link is working, and if it doesn't work, you can try the '13.

I read on another forum today that someone locked up their radio doing an install, but I'm not sure how it happened. Their info says that they have a '14, so I don't know how they even got the right file. Someone else mentioned that the downloader gave them a '11 update instead of a '14, so I think there's something very wrong going on in the Uconnect server.

In your unique situation, I'd wait a few days until the dust settles before I started to experiment. As soon as we start getting more folks who have had successes, it should be safe.
Thanks....mine has the curvy arrow, so I beleive I have the CTP13/14 sys. Yes, I think I will wait awhile, to find out for sure. I sent an e-mail to Uconnect. We will see as their knowledge doesn't seem to be up to speed. So many systems out there, sometimes they get confused when I call. It will be interesting to see, if I need my vin updated for them to recognize my radio. For now, I am going to have AMP Motorsports put the SRT Performance pages in my Body Control Module. :beerchug:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That software is evil.

If you read the EULA, you would have noticed that it joins your computer onto a peer-to-peer network, so you can have the privilege of helping to reduce the load on the Uconnect network by letting other folks download straight from your hard drive. Don't worry, though, they assure that it will only use minimal resources...

It also just keeps on running forever, unless you uninstall it manually. For your convenience, of course...

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
That software is evil.

If you read the EULA, you would have noticed that it joins your computer onto a peer-to-peer network, so you can have the privilege of helping to reduce the load on the Uconnect network by letting other folks download straight from your hard drive. Don't worry, though, they assure that it will only use minimal resources...

It also just keeps on running forever, unless you uninstall it manually. For your convenience, of course...
Ahhh, so kind of like torrent software does!

Any luck yet? I am at work, so I think that is another thing that is preventing me from downloading!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not for the '14 version, as far as I know. Some people have installed the '13 one, but they haven't really noticed any differences.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Okay, was able to finally get both files downloaded and installed them separately!

The first file doesn't appear to make any changes that I have noticed! During the install, it was
interesting that the A/C went from the vents to the defroster!

Looks like the second file, which is for the Navigation, now makes our units a CTP15!

Before (CTP14):

After (CTP15):

1 - 20 of 49 Posts