Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this has only happened during one trip, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this. I have a '13 SXT+, with the 8-speed.

I started the car to go to a friend's house (mmm...venison), and I put the car in park at the end of the driveway to get out of the car - the radio changed when I put it in park.

I get to a store and run in to pick something up, my wife stays in the car. When I come out, she mentions that the radio changed when she hit the up arrow for her side on the climate control.

I think 'hm, that's odd', and shift the car into gear - it changes again.

Each change was just up or down a station. It was not to any presets that I use.

Like I said, this has only happened for one trip so far. The ride back home was uneventful but we didn't get out, park, shift, adjust the heat, etc. I would originally think that I accidentally hit the button on the back of the steering wheel - but when it happened to my wife, she was in the passenger seat.

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've accidentally changed the station when just brushing against the tuner knob, right next to the passenger temp settings...

That knob is very touchy. If the encoder is not locked in to a position, it might "pop" back into a position with a little knock.

My theory: Your wife brushed her hand against the tuner knob and made it shift to a new station, but the knob didn't make it all the way to the next "click". When you shifted back into gear, the slight bump was enough to make the knob move into the closest "click", changing the station again. After that, the knob is back to the right spot, so it won't happen again until your wife ham-hands the temperature buttons again!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Agreed that the knob is very sensitive on the passenger side,.. but I remember there being a TSB for the radio changing channels on it's own. I think that may apply to the 2011's though.. not sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My '12 had to have the radio changed because it would change stations. It started with it changing once when I parked, then with in a week it had increased to changing stations 7-8 times in a 30 minute drive. It would also change tracks on the cd.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is starting to occur more often. Yesterday, as I shifted the car, the station changed multiple times (I was running errands). I went nowhere near the knob to tune the sation.

TOday, it started to change at random times. Just down a station or two.

It's odd to me that this starts after 8 months and 17,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts