Charger Forums banner

uConnect issues, issues, issues

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JFire72 
#1 ·
Every time I connect my phone via the USB (in the center console) and turn the car on (or even connect after the car is started) the screen on my Samsung Galaxy 7 Active, pops up a screen, saying "The connected device can not access your phone yadda yadda yadda", in a sense the 2 are not talking, and it wants me to download on the connected device (i.e. on the car) an app for transferring files, thinking it is an OS device (i.e. an apple computer, tablet, ect.).

As well on thr Car, it has a pop up that says that the connected USB devise is not usable, or something along those lines.

But, it can access the phone contacts. I am able to dial out to people and receive calls (via the blue tooth). Text messages come in and the voice feature reads and speaks them pretty good for the most part. I am wondering if I am missing any features here? Or if the uConnect needs to be upgraded or what? Or do I need something on my android device I am missing?

Help!

also don't know if I got the 8.4 or the 8.4n or which type of the touch screens I got in my car yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It just depends on one thing, if you have he Navi icon on your 8.4 screen then you have navigation. If you do then you have the 5091038 radio unit on your 2012 charger.

That is kinda weird you might want to make sure that your phone is connected properly. My iPhone sometimes gives me issues when I try to stream music on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
I know different vehicle, different phone, same thing kinda. I've got a 18' Durango, and have found plugging in the phone (Note 8) won't charge it. And half the time it won't connect to the Uconnect system either. Is you phone charging, or charging very, very slow? I'm thinking the newer phones are needing more power to charge, and is also causing issues connectivity wise as a result.

I have no idea if my Charger is having the same issues. I have a 3.0 dual outlet USB power plug in the center console I use. That I know of, there isn't anything the phone/Uconnect does that it needs the built in USB other than maybe streaming better quality music than bluetooth. Now my Durango has Android Auto, so that does have a benefit of using the built in USB, but like I said I've had issues lately with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.