Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question,instead of buying one of those expensive kits for IPod itegration,anyone know of a bluetooth transmitter that would be compatible with uconnect that can attach to the IPod, Does anyone know the bluetooth technology in our Rec nav radios, I bought one transmitter from e-bay and it didnt pair with my car, but there are so many to choose from, any ideas? thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I didn't use the bluetooth to connect my ipod...I hooked the ipod to the VES system using the auxilery plug ins. Don't know if you have the VES system, but if you do, it works REALLY well...and it only costs you what you pay for the splitter and the connecting cable.

Wouldn't hooking the ipod into the uconnect system interfere with reception of and use during phone calls?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No VES in my car

Unfotunately I dont have it, wish I did, there has got to be a way to transmit through bluetooth, I just have to find out which bluetooth it is. I thought it was all the same, apparently not :(

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It won't work. The UConnect system looks for a specific Bluetooth "Mobile" profile, that only cell phones carry. In fact, if the cell phone has an older Bluetooth "Mobile profile" (older firmware..), not all functions will work, so there is no chance the iPod will, when the main purpose of the system does not even work on some cell phones.:smoke:

For the life of me, I have no clue what Dodge was thinking.....having the top NAV radio, with the sound groups, and no AUX plug. You have to actually get the lower-end radio to get it. Unreal.

- Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts