Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UAS Air Bags :: Custom Leather, Suede & Embroidered Trunk :: MoPower Chin Spoiler!

Here are some pictures of Sweet Mango in her current state, as of September 25th, 2007!

Eibach Lowering Springs just didn't seem low enough for me, so I decided to purchase and install the Universal Air Suspension kit! I figured that I'd like to do something other than what everybody else does - throw the compressors and tank underneath the stock carpet lid and cover it up.

I fabricated and fiberglassed the custom trunk box that fits into the spare tire well. I painted the box in custom mixed Go ManGo to match. My goal was a cleanest install as possible: no fittings, no wires, no nothing. I moved the battery and fuse box out of the spare tire well and moved the battery behind the rear false wall. The fuse box is behind the right hand side false wall.

I had the trunk panels fabricated and upholstered in Black Leather & Dark Gray Perforated Suede two-tone with GoManGo stitching to match my Daytona interior. I had the custom trunk lid panel wrapped in Non-Perforated Dark Gray Suede. A very special thanks goes out to StitchMonkey Embroidery for stitching the logo and BlackMagnum06 for sketching me the base!

I purchased a Dual Gauge A-Pillar Pod to house the Dakota Digital Air Gauge. I picked up an Autometer Air/Fuel Narrowband Gauge as a filler for the second gauge - turns out I need to either weld in a bung for a Narrowband O2 sensor or sell this off and purchase a Wideband Gauge & Controller. I tried to go the cheap route, and dang -- looks I'll be going with the latter.

To finish off the front end of the car I got a MoPower Chin Spoiler at the same time. I love how it extends out even with the bumper and the stock unpainted finish is the same matte smooth finish as the grille.

All in all, I am very happy with the Universal Air Suspension kit! Very quality parts and a great deal to boot. I'd highly recommend them! Check out their site here!

Exterior:

Trunk:

Gauge Pod:

Engine Compartment:

- Randy

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiceeeee And Your Secret Mods?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Just Kidding :d Looks Bada$$

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! :) The trunk was the secret mod. :D

-R

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks! :) The trunk was the secret mod. :D

-R
I know.... just messing with you!!!! AWESOME PIECE OF PERFORMANCE AUTOMOBILE YOU HAVE THERE !!!!! :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
So dude, this all looks SICK. Seriously though, what's your honest opinion of the ride quality with the bags? I have 2 cars with air bags on them. One rides ok, kinda bouncy, the other car rides better. They are both older cars. I've never been in a modern car with bags, so tell me how does it ride?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have to pump it off the ground when you drive? I cant imagine those wheels not scraping severely when you turn?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Do you have to pump it off the ground when you drive? I cant imagine those wheels not scraping severely when you turn?
Bro are you serious? Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but this is the point of air ride! To be able to drop it down when parked, and then pump it up to normal ride height when you are ready to go. Lift time is probably about 3 seconds for him, pretty sure I saw two compressors in there :lol: . Thats what the gauges are for on his A-pillar. They tell you how much pressure is in each of the four bags at any given time.

Nice setup though. Id love to do air ride and even looked into it... kinda outta my price range though, in addition to the fact that my rear wheels wont tuck! Oh well, props to you though, she looks sweeter than ever!

-Pat

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you for the compliments!

rtboyle33: SublimeDaytona268 hit the nail on the head on Air Bags. Although, it doesn't take 3 seconds to lift.. more like one second, as I have 1/2" lines all the way around. Also, in addition to showing all four bag pressures, if you hit the button on the gauge it'll go to a second screen and show the Tank PSI.

One of the most beautiful cars ive seen...but that crap is way too low to the ground!!
The beauty of air bags! :lol:

I quit
whats the point
he wins
Not necessarily, it's up to the judges.. :dead:

So dude, this all looks SICK. Seriously though, what's your honest opinion of the ride quality with the bags? I have 2 cars with air bags on them. One rides ok, kinda bouncy, the other car rides better. They are both older cars. I've never been in a modern car with bags, so tell me how does it ride?
I LOVE the ride quality of the UAS Kit! When I installed my springs, it made a very noticeable difference. Now with the Air Bags, its 500x better! It's not rough, it's not floaty - you can definitely feel the road more but it's not intrusive - in fact, I like it better. Body roll is virtually zero and I have stock sway bars. I keep about 105 PSI in the front and 95 PSI in the rear bags when driving.

color match the spoiler it will look 200 percent better
I have a Flat Black Rear Spoiler, Flat Black Front Grille & Flat Black Decals all around the car. I don't think it'd look right..

-R

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
GGGGG DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats F'in Sweet!!!!!!! I really wish I would have bagged mine too. How much did the whole setup cost you if you dont mind me asking? Do you have the auto ride height controller too?

I agree you need to keep your spoiler flat.... have you thought about some flat black wheels to go with your stickers and grill/spoiler? Thats what I did on mine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
WOW, I'm speechless. These pictures make me want to stop buying parts to bag my s-10 and do the Charger instead.

I'm curious as to how things will hold up long term though. With bags, it seems that at some point or another you'll blow a bag, rub a hole in a line, there's always something. I drive 80 miles daily to and from work, that's the only thing stopping me.

And for price, $2,300 actually isn't that bad, considering you get EVERYTHING needed for the install. The Viar dual pack is almost $300 alone, valves would be a good $300 or $350. That's $650 right there, plus all of the other parts and misc. things you need to install it. And with it being bolt on (it is, isn't it?), you can't beat that.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Said it b4 and will say it again, THIS IS THE BEST R/T OUT THERE...

I will never get bored of this Mango, it always seems to pop up with better mods everytime u look at it... Amazing work, clean install, and love the look of your truck, hiding the plumming and all... Love it... I admire your taste...

·
Registered
280 Posts
looks sick! i miss my lil bagged chevy i built back in 1997. i was the first person in this part on va to have bags.

this was the truck in 1999.

this was it a year later after some more frame work to sit the rockers 3/4 inch off the ground. i would drive it with 30 psi in the bags when i was on good roads and outta the state of va! at 30 psi it was about 2 inches off the ground and rode like a fleetwood!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts