Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2008 DoDge Charger 3.5Ho with out navagation i have the uconnect buttons but when u push them it says not equipped with u connect

will i have to go to dodge and have it added or what dont understand why has the button and not be equipped :alfdance:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
The head unit is u-connect capable, but you also need the u-connect auto-dimming rear view mirror. Without the mirror and the harness going from mirror to a-pillar the u-connect doesn't work. Baically, you got the upgraded head unit without the bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
my wife had the same question - she bought a liberty without the uconnect option. it still has the button, my guess is that chrystler didnt want to make another set of consoles. we asked the dealer if she could get the uconnect add and they said no - i had to be done at the factory. I am not sure how true this is but it is what they said.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
They made a few changes to the can bus in '08. Not sure if a 2007 mirror will work or not. I bought a 2008 300 mirror that has the u-connect as well as auto dim headlight feature on it. Not sure if I can get the headlight thing to work, and haven't found a harness to install it yet so don't even have the uconnect working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my next thing is remote start iv allway installed after markit kits on everthing iv owned and i come across where these cars have allready preinstalled is this true and what will i need to make this work if not im buy aftermarkit kit soooooon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts