Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my A pillar cover off and found the harness end with 11 wires running into it. Then I pulled my glove box off and I think I found the other end of the harness. When I looked behind the glove box there is a unused plug that is taped onto another bunch of wires. I am thinking that unused harness is for the u-connect brain because it is next to a vertical support that I have seen in install pics of the u-connect brain.

I am right in thinking that unused harness end is for the U connect brain?

With the factory harness installed already in the car, will I have to remove that radio or is that harness already hooked to the radio?

I would thank you for the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
uconnect

the harness is already hooked to radio so pretty much all you need is the brains, mirror and mirror harness, it is plug and play for you good mod, installing my uconnect once i get off work today:grin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the price that I have found is the one from Mopar Supercenter, but I have a couple of friends that work for Chrysler and going to see they can get the parts for me.

I was glad to find that I had all the connections for the U-connect because if i didn't I was not going to do it. I really only want the auto dimming mirror but I will take the hands free phone. That is the only that I did not get on my car beside the rear entertainment center.

·
Registered
179 Posts
u connect

i got the whole set for $250 from a member so kust be patient or better yet post a want to buy uconnect in the parts for sale or wanted section

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
the price that I have found is the one from Mopar Supercenter, but I have a couple of friends that work for Chrysler and going to see they can get the parts for me.

I was glad to find that I had all the connections for the U-connect because if i didn't I was not going to do it. I really only want the auto dimming mirror but I will take the hands free phone. That is the only that I did not get on my car beside the rear entertainment center.
The u-connect is really great. I didn't really think I would care much for it and didn't even pair it up for a month or so, but now I am spoiled to it and would not want to be without it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The u-connect is really great. ... now I am spoiled to it and would not want to be without it.
+1

I wait until I am in may car, to make calls I might have started when I was walking to it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
just installed the uconnect

i lover everybody get it. It took me like 25 mins to install:lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
+1

I wait until I am in may car, to make calls I might have started when I was walking to it.
You know that when you turn on the car U-Connect will pick up and continue the call, right? At least it does with my phone - surprised the heck out of me the first time, I was talking to my wife on the phone, started the car, and her voice came out of the speakers... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased the factory opt 3 pkg comes with the u2 rearview mirror . a black box that wasnt labeled 1 long wiring harness , that one end with 2 pigtails fits into the box but they are the same ones that fit into the back of the nav /radio . also trying to install the long wiring harness , believe the other end fits into the back of the mirror. but not sure what i have to remove to install . was trying to remove the sunglass holder/ courtesy lights in my head liner. but couldnt find any screws and was afraid to pull to hard and break something . all i got was a simple instructions on taking out old radio and installing nav/radio
nothing about black box and mirror would appreciate some info on installing mirror wiring harness and what the black box is for I have a 2007 srt8 super bee thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts