Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever did a two tone paint job on a Silver Steel Charger? I've thought it may be a cool idea but not sure what color's would go together, anyone have pics?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
has anyone ever did a two tone paint job on a Silver Steel Charger? I've thought it may be a cool idea but not sure what color's would go together, anyone have pics?
This Silver? IMO, make the top half black, and keep the bottom silver. If you have ever seen a black car after a few years, those areas around the fenders susceptible to scratching develop holograms, etc.... avoid all that pain... keep the areas that are easily scratched silver, and you won't be sorry. Also, since the repaint is never as good as the factory, keep the area that is exposed to chips, etc the factory color........Good luck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Spiffywerks got a really (REALLY) nice 2-tone paint job on his silver steel. I'm sure he has lots of pictures, but here are a few I took at Cruisin for a Cure.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant the darker silver "silver steel" the charcoal color if you will.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Yes, his is a silver steel (I have the same color myself). The top half of his car is still silver, the bottom half is charcoal-ish.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both are really nice, wish I had the money to do something like that to mine, but at least i have an idea of what can be done. thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
WOW! Great 2 tones on both cars! Makes me sad that I didn't keep my Silver Steel. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts