Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well congratulate me on my stupidity.
After getting a ticket the day I bought my Charger by getting caught in intersection in front of dealership when light turned red. today I took my best friend for a ride after playing some pool. We saw local cop pulled over giving someone a ticket... so we think "lets stomp on it he's busy"..... WRONG!!!!!
He's got a buddy and we fly right by him 76 in a 45. So any stategies on how to save myself from this latest dumb move. too fast for traffic school....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow thats crazy. i was was cought on my motorcycle doing 80 in a 30. And I was cought by a motorcycle police officer. The funny part is that he was pulling over someone else but I was the one that pulled over and told him how fast I was going. guess honesty does pay off, he didnt write the ticket for what I told him because he never actually clocked me. He did write a ticket for a lower amount. I no longer jave a motorcycle and drive a lot slower. almost always the speed limit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well congratulate me on my stupidity.
After getting a ticket the day I bought my Charger by getting caught in intersection in front of dealership when light turned red. today I took my best friend for a ride after playing some pool. We saw local cop pulled over giving someone a ticket... so we think "lets stomp on it he's busy"..... WRONG!!!!!
He's got a buddy and we fly right by him 76 in a 45. So any stategies on how to save myself from this latest dumb move. too fast for traffic school....
Nah man u desrved that one

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did you question the speed and ask to view the radar/laser reading or was this the proverbial "radio ahead" I clocked you doing such and such. If the later then you can get a reduction if you asked, but if the used a calibrated electronic devise, well Geico keeps bragging about lower rates.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If your insurance gets to the point you can't afford the SRT let me know. I'll take it off your hands. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hate to say this, but you have very slim chance of getting out of that one. Good luck with judge.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Did something equally stupid a few months ago and got caught 56 in a 25. Was showing off to a buddy in the car in a residential area at about 10 pm on a Saturday.

31 mph over, reckless driving: automatic traffic court, no prepayment, no traffic school.

Don't know how it is where you are, but here in Lexington KY, you talk to a prosecutor and sheriff before court starts. Their job is to get as many shooed out the door as possible so the judge has nothing to do. They took a look at my citation, looked at each other like, "uh-oh", then marked it down to 23 over, killed the reckless driving, gave me traffic school and a $188 fine.

Did the traffic school and paid the fine, no points, no ding on insurance.

There's always room to negotiate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow thats crazy. i was was cought on my motorcycle doing 80 in a 30. And I was cought by a motorcycle police officer. The funny part is that he was pulling over someone else but I was the one that pulled over and told him how fast I was going. guess honesty does pay off, he didnt write the ticket for what I told him because he never actually clocked me. He did write a ticket for a lower amount. I no longer jave a motorcycle and drive a lot slower. almost always the speed limit.

Man this is deep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a postponement the first time around, and then pray the officer that cited you doesn't show up for the new court date.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contacted court today for trafic school for the left turn infraction.
Trying the delay route for the speeding ticket. I haven't had a ticket for 10 years and then 2 in 10 days..... I think its funny that the 21 year old kid is asking the 49 year old grandfather how old I am..... makes me wish my Dad was still alive to scold me.......:grin:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I recently got a ticket for going 64 mph in a 45 mph work zone on an I-90 bridge. It was a pure trap by the NY state police because the speed was not posted 1,000 feet before the work zone, as required by law.

I live 6 hours away and could not fight or plea bargain it myself. The double fine for 19 mph was between $240-$600, plus 4 points. I hired a great attorney that I found on the internet (www.notspeeding.com) who got it reduced to a $150 no-point parking ticket. The $450 fee that I paid him was well worth it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Contacted court today for trafic school for the left turn infraction.
Trying the delay route for the speeding ticket. I haven't had a ticket for 10 years and then 2 in 10 days..... I think its funny that the 21 year old kid is asking the 49 year old grandfather how old I am..... makes me wish my Dad was still alive to scold me.......:grin:

I have lots of cop buddies and the one thing I have learned is don't think your gonna get off by being nice or by delaying the date. Get the lawyer they ALWAYS work AND they piss off the cop!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.