Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well congratulate me on my stupidity.
After getting a ticket the day I bought my Charger by getting caught in intersection in front of dealership when light turned red. today I took my best friend for a ride after playing some pool. We saw local cop pulled over giving someone a ticket... so we think "lets stomp on it he's busy"..... WRONG!!!!!
He's got a buddy and we fly right by him 76 in a 45. So any stategies on how to save myself from this latest dumb move. too fast for traffic school....

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
wow, i gotta say that is pretty dumb. 76 in a 45, your ins is going to skyrocket, there really is nothing you can do but ask the judge for a break.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow thats crazy. i was was cought on my motorcycle doing 80 in a 30. And I was cought by a motorcycle police officer. The funny part is that he was pulling over someone else but I was the one that pulled over and told him how fast I was going. guess honesty does pay off, he didnt write the ticket for what I told him because he never actually clocked me. He did write a ticket for a lower amount. I no longer jave a motorcycle and drive a lot slower. almost always the speed limit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well congratulate me on my stupidity.
After getting a ticket the day I bought my Charger by getting caught in intersection in front of dealership when light turned red. today I took my best friend for a ride after playing some pool. We saw local cop pulled over giving someone a ticket... so we think "lets stomp on it he's busy"..... WRONG!!!!!
He's got a buddy and we fly right by him 76 in a 45. So any stategies on how to save myself from this latest dumb move. too fast for traffic school....
Nah man u desrved that one

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you question the speed and ask to view the radar/laser reading or was this the proverbial "radio ahead" I clocked you doing such and such. If the later then you can get a reduction if you asked, but if the used a calibrated electronic devise, well Geico keeps bragging about lower rates.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If your insurance gets to the point you can't afford the SRT let me know. I'll take it off your hands. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hate to say this, but you have very slim chance of getting out of that one. Good luck with judge.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
how old are you?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Did something equally stupid a few months ago and got caught 56 in a 25. Was showing off to a buddy in the car in a residential area at about 10 pm on a Saturday.

31 mph over, reckless driving: automatic traffic court, no prepayment, no traffic school.

Don't know how it is where you are, but here in Lexington KY, you talk to a prosecutor and sheriff before court starts. Their job is to get as many shooed out the door as possible so the judge has nothing to do. They took a look at my citation, looked at each other like, "uh-oh", then marked it down to 23 over, killed the reckless driving, gave me traffic school and a $188 fine.

Did the traffic school and paid the fine, no points, no ding on insurance.

There's always room to negotiate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow thats crazy. i was was cought on my motorcycle doing 80 in a 30. And I was cought by a motorcycle police officer. The funny part is that he was pulling over someone else but I was the one that pulled over and told him how fast I was going. guess honesty does pay off, he didnt write the ticket for what I told him because he never actually clocked me. He did write a ticket for a lower amount. I no longer jave a motorcycle and drive a lot slower. almost always the speed limit.

Man this is deep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Get a postponement the first time around, and then pray the officer that cited you doesn't show up for the new court date.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wife got a stupid ticket. she hired an attorney that specialized in traffic cases. Attorney fees were about as much as the ticket would have cost but the attorney got it dismissed. No points and no insurance hit.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contacted court today for trafic school for the left turn infraction.
Trying the delay route for the speeding ticket. I haven't had a ticket for 10 years and then 2 in 10 days..... I think its funny that the 21 year old kid is asking the 49 year old grandfather how old I am..... makes me wish my Dad was still alive to scold me.......:grin:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I recently got a ticket for going 64 mph in a 45 mph work zone on an I-90 bridge. It was a pure trap by the NY state police because the speed was not posted 1,000 feet before the work zone, as required by law.

I live 6 hours away and could not fight or plea bargain it myself. The double fine for 19 mph was between $240-$600, plus 4 points. I hired a great attorney that I found on the internet (www.notspeeding.com) who got it reduced to a $150 no-point parking ticket. The $450 fee that I paid him was well worth it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Contacted court today for trafic school for the left turn infraction.
Trying the delay route for the speeding ticket. I haven't had a ticket for 10 years and then 2 in 10 days..... I think its funny that the 21 year old kid is asking the 49 year old grandfather how old I am..... makes me wish my Dad was still alive to scold me.......:grin:

I have lots of cop buddies and the one thing I have learned is don't think your gonna get off by being nice or by delaying the date. Get the lawyer they ALWAYS work AND they piss off the cop!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ask the judge to give you traffic school. It worked for me. But how about the first ticket? Did you go to school for that one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts