Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, did you receive two key's with your charger. I bought a 08 srt and only received one key. Went to the dealership and they said they would ship me another but have yet to receive one. So before I start nagging them again I just want to make sure I was suppose to have two keys. Thanks.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I got 3 for both Cars...2 at pickup..and 1 in the mail..total of 6 fobs..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought used, and I got two.

For $12,000, they can either give me two keys, or ride that car like a dime-store pony, because I wasn't about to leave the lot without a pair.

Seriously, the keys cost $70-$90 or something? If they don't have one, they can make one, and it doesn't cost them half that much to do it. They're not gonna lose a car over a $20-$30 key.

I make the older style GM VATS security keys at work. The retail price for a key is $27+tx. The average cost for those keys are $6-$7 per key. Granted, there's supposed to be a profit margin, and granted, there's supposed to be padding for error when you cut a key wrong and have to throw $7 in the trash.

Demand a key, get a key.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have 2 & yes You are supposed to have 2 rather you buy New Or Used! Sometimes this is a another game that is played by dealerships. (Don't know why!) Here's what I do when I come across this with clients. Advise them that you've notified (actually do this) your Insurance company that only 1 key was turned over to you. If your car "ever" comes up missing or something happens to it, The dealership can be held responsible. It's a type of liability on them. As long as you do not have possesion of your 2nd Key & there was one made with it at the Factory, you don't have sole possesion of your vehicle. Demand it! Either they come up with the actual key or they cut you a new one & have them note that for you. File it with your records & insurance company.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I bought mine used from another forum member and it came it two keys.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Question, did you receive two key's with your charger. I bought a 08 srt and only received one key. Went to the dealership and they said they would ship me another but have yet to receive one. So before I start nagging them again I just want to make sure I was suppose to have two keys. Thanks.
I would definitely push for the second key especially since you have a FOBIK on the '08 the dealers will charge anywhere from $200-$300 for a replacement/additional key.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
yeap, 2... obviously is a "must be" thing LOL

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Yup yup got mine used with 2 key fobs and extra floormats haha :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got 2 with my 2008 RT when I bought it new from the dealer. I purchased an additional fob online, and programmed it. Reason is, you need 2 working fobs to program another yourself. So, if you lose one, or one breaks, you will have to go to the dealer to get a new one programmed.

Steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went into the dealer today, well when the service person was looking it up she notified me there was a recall on the key fobs, so I got two new key fobs :rocker:. So anyone else with a 08 srt or maybe any model might check into it, you may also get new fobs. Unsure the reason for the recall, kinda odd to recall a key. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I received 2 keys with my Charger Daytona.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When we were finishing up the paperwork on our '09 R/T, they couldn't find the second key, so we had them add it to the contract that if they could not find it, they would provide us with a second one at their cost. Lucky for them they found it the next day :D

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
The '08 and up keys are typically $350 for the key with programming. Definitely fight to get the 2nd one that should have come with the car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts