Registered
3,521 Posts
My kids too.

Have a great new years..:beerchug:

Big John

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Always mix up the 64-65. For some reason I always think it's the 64 that has the clam shell headlights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a 65 Riv?
Ddaddy is correct - that is a 64 Buick - I bought that for my dad a few years back. He had a 65 when he was dating my mom - and he loved that car. Wanted him to have a toy. Wasn't meaning to post up a pic online - otherwise I would have moved the plow. if we get another warm day, Ill take a another one...

The 64 I drove to Pennsylvania to get - bought it over the internet. After I picked up the car and got it home, I found out its an original WX-50 Super Wildcat (the GS before they had a GS) - with the 425 Nailhead v8 and dual-quads.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always mix up the 64-65. For some reason I always think it's the 64 that has the clam shell headlights.
Yeah - the 63 and 64 are VERY close to each other. The hood ornament will give it away to the trained eye. The 65 was unique with the clamshell headlights.... I tried to find a decent 65 - they just get too much money... Had to "settle" on a 64. My dad didn't seem to mind - he remembers the clamshells always burning up motors and being a pain in the winter... And like he told me - he cant see them from the drivers seat anyway....

Here he was with his 65... back then.... Nice glasses.

And here he was when he won the "best of the 60s" - at a show in a CHEVY dealer, which had a million vettes and Camaros.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts