Charger Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I like to call those people, "chasing the shine." I found it years ago and once I did, I mastered it. The thing is, my car has it without ONE DROP of anything on it. The only thing I use wax for is to protect my paint from industrial fallout, bird droppings and water spots. NOTHING ELSE. My shine happens BEFORE I add any protection to the car. To prove that point, I finished polishing my paint and pulled the car out of the garage and into the sunlight. This is what I was looking at.

View attachment 298748

I don't chase the shine. I found it years ago and it hasn't went anywhere. If you are using any type of product to add shine to your paint, you are doing it WRONG. 😉
Nice I think the same way it’s all about the protection any shine is a bonus.😉

I assume you don't enjoy a fresh warm morning with the sun just coming up wash? Then a pull into the garage for some fine tuning like cleaning the door jams, dressing the tires and spray coating the wheels? A mind warming vacuum with a interior dusting with a nice smelling Interior Detailer? Then to top all that off with a fresh clean window cleaning?

Detailing your car isn't a job, it's a way to escape from the world and just love your ride. Taking it from dirty to clean and having it look amazing is wonderful.
I haven't been hog tied this past year. I have a Jeep. I take hair whipping (scalp soothing, loosing hair fast) morning drives on the ranch with my senior coffee from Whataburger each day.

I'll be mooorrre than happy to drop by and let you detail it. I'll make it easy for you. I'll drop by naked - - doors and top off. :)

Reactions: Mantis
Discussion starter · #23 ·
I haven't been hog tied this past year. I have a Jeep. I take hair whipping (scalp soothing, loosing hair fast) morning drives on the ranch with my senior coffee from Whataburger each day.

I'll be mooorrre than happy to drop by and let you detail it. I'll make it easy for you. I'll drop by naked - - doors and top off. :)
LOL

I don't know where you came up with that notion because my sealant, topped with a carnauba paste wax will last me months at a time. It's all about knowing what you're doing when it comes to traditional products.
Months vs years, that's where I "came up with that notion".
I can put a few more hours in and it'll outlast your paste wax hands down. To each his own.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Old school wax and Paint Sealants have their place. I like to wash my car each week and give it a once over touch up detail basically so I'm always fooling around with something.

Right now Adam's polishes CS3 is my go to after a wash. It's amazing as a detailer and it leaves a light protection coat.
It's a great topper on top my my Griots Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray wax main coat. I got basically 7-8 months out of the last coat and that was a single coat. This time I applied 2 coats and I think it might last at least as long or longer.

Months vs years, that's where I "came up with that notion".
I can put a few more hours in and it'll outlast your paste wax hands down. To each his own.
If you think that your protection is going to last years, you should tip your supplier. Add to that, cars across the world see different environments and uses and to actually think that your protection is going to last EXACTLY how long some manufacturer claims is being gullible, especially if you don't subject your car to the EXACT testing ritual that the manufacturer used to come up with their claim.

I can claim that I eat pizza all the time and never gain an ounce. But if my all the time is once a month, it kinda sheds a whole new light on my claim. That's why I never ride THE HYPE TRAIN. Flava Flav use to warn folks...

If you think that your protection is going to last years, you should tip your supplier. Add to that, cars across the world see different environments and uses and to actually think that your protection is going to last EXACTLY how long some manufacturer claims is being gullible, especially if you don't subject your car to the EXACT testing ritual that the manufacturer used to come up with their claim.

I can claim that I eat pizza all the time and never gain an ounce. But if my all the time is once a month, it kinda sheds a whole new light on my claim. That's why I never ride THE HYPE TRAIN. Flava Flav use to warn folks...

I do like a Flava Flav reference, and I get what you’re saying, but I fully expect to get 2 years out of the Adam’s Polishes Graphene that claims 5-7. My cars are garage kept though and only see 3-4K miles a year.
I got a full year out of croftgate when they claimed 2-3.
That doesn’t mean I don’t have to keep up with the car and take care of it, just saying I don’t have to “wax” it monthly.

Look at it this way, you have to shower and brush your teeth right? Well once a week or if your really killed on time every other week plan a nice Saturday or Sunday early morning car cleaning. The rewards are well worth the time.
I look forward to it each weekend.
Oh believe me, I wish I had the time. I just don't.

I would love waking up on a Saturday and have an entire day to spend on the Charger, but that doesn't happen. I also like golf too much. A 6:30am tee time on a summer morning I will take any day over cleaning my car.

As for the old stuff, I find if I strip, clay bar, polish, wax, and seal, it will last me a few months as long as I touch up with some sealant every now and then.

I'm a car guy, and love going to shows, but showing MY car is not my thing. I'll do a 90 minute wash on a weekend and my car will look better than 99% of cars on the road, and yet if you would ask me or any other car guy I would say it looks like shit. But nobody else will notice the blemishes unless youre Junkman.

Getting back to that next level will be something I'll get back into when I'm retired. I still take better car of my care than the majority of everyone else, I'm just not on that next level.

I know the old stuff, it's easier for me, and works for me. I've tried the ceramic stuff years ago and didn't like it. Took too much time to prep, and was too difficult to work. A carnauba shine is good enough for me.

I do like a Flava Flav reference, and I get what you’re saying, but I fully expect to get 2 years out of the Adam’s Polishes Graphene that claims 5-7. My cars are garage kept though and only see 3-4K miles a year.
I got a full year out of croftgate when they claimed 2-3.
That doesn’t mean I don’t have to keep up with the car and take care of it, just saying I don’t have to “wax” it monthly.
And you've just proven my point. With that amount of activity, I am sure that you CAN get quite a bit of time out of your protection. But as I am also sure that you will agree, yours is not a NORMAL situation, just as my washing regiment is not normal compared to most (inside my garage with a 3" drain, year round with heat in the winter). Everyone's situation is different, and so will be THEIR experience and results.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.