Charger Forums banner

Turtlewax Graphene Flex Wax Spray coating

6K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
So I picked up a Bottle and tested it out on my hood trunk and roof of my Charger. before applying it , I did a wash, clay and a light Polish step.
I used Mothers Paint Prep before applying the coating.

So what I saw was smearing and high spots. I used a Micro Fiber Wax applicator and used 1 to 2 sprays per panel. I evenly applied the coating and then took it off with a 500 micro fiber towel by The Rag Company.

Honestly I hate this product. I have used Seal N Shine both versions and the ICE spray wax. Those products work great go on easy come off easy very little smearing. The Graphene??? Sucks It smears so bad I just removed it.

I reapplied 2 new coats of Griots Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray wax which is what I used back in October. It went one first coat with ease, very little to no smearing and I let it cure in the garage overnight and I didn't drive the car after the first coat.

I applied the 2nd coat and it went on even easier than the first. You can really feel it bonding to the paint. Paint Prep is key to not have any polish left. I did a super light polish before I Applied it.

SO far so good. Anyone else fool around the the new Graphene? I probably should have just ordered it from Adam's Polishes but I saw it locally and decided to give ti a spin.

I have a Plum Crazy Purple Charger as well as a Gray Audi S4 . I may try it out on those cars and see if it's just eh Pitch Black it's horrible on. Pitch Black is extremely hard to take care of but it's damn sexy and badass when it's all shined up.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just did my Octane Red SPWB with Adam's Polishes Graphene Ceramic. You're right, prep is the key to any of these working well. I took a full day prepping the car, then another day applying the ceramic. I've used other ceramics, but I am really impressed with the Adam's Polishes Graphene so far.

#3 ·
With any of the ceramic coatings, prep is 95% of what's going on. Applying is almost an art form. The folks that are really good at it make it look easy, but smearing is easy to do if you're not careful and if you take too long and/or overlap the material too much. Did you wipe down with alcohol before applying?

Best,

Reactions: Mantis
#9 ·
it's just the next step man. I'm old school like you are. I was a Professional Detailer in the Early 90's up until 1999 so I had my share of Wax and Paint Sealants from 3M, C-Bud , Ardex , Maguirers etc.
I had a hard time switching over to Ceramics and all these spray coatings used today. But my Son is also a detail nut and loves trying all the new hot products on the market.
I suggest you give it a whirl my friend. I think you will find some happiness there.

#5 ·
I have done it once. It came out ok and did seem to live up to the hype. But I'm with you. I like using the more traditional products as well. It doesn't last as long, but it's a lot more forgiving to apply.

Best,

Reactions: Junkman2008
#12 ·
I'm not a fan of the new stuff either. It's a pain in the ass. I love detailing, but don't have time for it anymore. I've enjoyed it since I was 16 over 20 years ago. Even up to about 3 years ago I would spend a weekend on the paint. If I wash once a month I'm lucky. A wash, strip, polish, wax, and sealant once a year is all I get done. I tried the ceramic stuff a few years ago, and I didn't have the time for that then.

#18 ·
Look at it this way, you have to shower and brush your teeth right? Well once a week or if your really killed on time every other week plan a nice Saturday or Sunday early morning car cleaning. The rewards are well worth the time.
I look forward to it each weekend.

#13 ·
I have no patience to detail vehicles. Pressure wash, vaccum, dry and drive. As simple as it gets. I might Turtle Wax once a year but that's about all I do. And even then I think all the wiping gives it a static charge that attracts dust.

#17 ·
I assume you don't enjoy a fresh warm morning with the sun just coming up wash? Then a pull into the garage for some fine tuning like cleaning the door jams, dressing the tires and spray coating the wheels? A mind warming vacuum with a interior dusting with a nice smelling Interior Detailer? Then to top all that off with a fresh clean window cleaning?

Detailing your car isn't a job, it's a way to escape from the world and just love your ride. Taking it from dirty to clean and having it look amazing is wonderful.

#14 ·
I have not used any Graphene products up to this point, and considering I coated my car with Ceramic Pro, I use my parent's vehicles for product testing :LOL: I might give Adam's Graphene coating a try as I have heard good things about it, but I have also considered CarPro Cquartz which is praised as one of the best consumer grade coatings.

Graphene Coatings are somewhat controversial as some detailers (e.g. Larry from Ammo) have said that it's hard to get Graphene to stick to paint. Who knows if it's the Graphene doing the work or just other polymers and or nano-particles mixed in.

#16 ·
I have not used any Graphene products up to this point, and considering I coated my car with Ceramic Pro, I use my parent's vehicles for product testing :LOL: I might give Adam's Graphene coating a try as I have heard good things about it, but I have also considered CarPro Cquartz which is praised as one of the best consumer grade coatings.

Graphene Coatings are somewhat controversial as some detailers (e.g. Larry from Ammo) have said that it's hard to get Graphene to stick to paint. Who knows if it's the Graphene doing the work or just other polymers and or nano-particles mixed in.
Interesting, I'll have to look for Larry's video on Graphene. We have some Ammo stuff here, good products.
I also have heard many good things about Adam's Graphene Products. We will most likely move to them as we regularly order Adams products. Where probably 75% all Adams stuff already.

Car Pro is a line my Son has wanted to give a whirl but we already have so much as it is now adding another brand we would need more storage LOL.

I think the guys who are resistant to trying out the new stuff are missing out. Ease of use is really what todays detailing supplies are all about.

#25 ·
Old school wax and Paint Sealants have their place. I like to wash my car each week and give it a once over touch up detail basically so I'm always fooling around with something.

Right now Adam's polishes CS3 is my go to after a wash. It's amazing as a detailer and it leaves a light protection coat.
It's a great topper on top my my Griots Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray wax main coat. I got basically 7-8 months out of the last coat and that was a single coat. This time I applied 2 coats and I think it might last at least as long or longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.