Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '17 R/T has a button for turning traction control off but it the display just says "Traction Control SPORT". It definitely isn't completely off as driving around I can barely feel a difference even when pushing the car. Just wondering if it's even possible to turn completely off because I didn't see anything about it in the manual except for in the SRT sections- holding the button did nothing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don’t know much about the newer cars (15+). The older RTs cannot disable it completely without turning it off in a tune or a kill switch.

Zautomotive makes a (better designed) kill switch or you can look up “traction control kill switch” and find how people have made a (jerry rigged) kill switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
My '17 R/T has a button for turning traction control off but it the display just says "Traction Control SPORT". It definitely isn't completely off as driving around I can barely feel a difference even when pushing the car. Just wondering if it's even possible to turn completely off because I didn't see anything about it in the manual except for in the SRT sections- holding the button did nothing.
Nope, 2015 and up you cannot turn it all the way off with the stock computers. If you have an unlocked PCM then maybe some of the stuff can be turned off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn that's disappointing lol. I saw a video on how to turn the stability control off but with that and traction control in sport, it barely felt any different when I was pushing it

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I guess this isn't the case on the newer ones, but on my 2013 if I press the button once it turns the traction control off, if I hold it for 10 seconds it disables the stability control, which means you can smoke the rears all day if you like. I've never done it, but do turn it off occasionally. Sometimes I think it's a bit overprotective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've found when you turn traction control off stability control stays on. So if it starts to kick out to the side it starts retarding power and and all that stuff. The only way I've found to turn both off is to hold the traction control button with the car off, and start the car. It will say stability control off and traction control sport. I'm sure the car still wants to protect itself but seems to free it up some more...

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
36 Posts
15 and new you cannot permently disable it but you can temporally disable it all the way by pressing and holding traction control button until the dash dings and flashes it is disabled( I do believe 10 Sec) while the car is running. You will have to do this every time you start the car. Then have fun doing your smokey burn outs

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
15 and new you cannot permently disable it but you can temporally disable it all the way by pressing and holding traction control button until the dash dings and flashes it is disabled( I do believe 10 Sec) while the car is running. You will have to do this every time you start the car. Then have fun doing your smokey burn outs
I believe that's a feature only your Scat Pack and the Hellcats have. I read that in the SRT section of the manual but I figured I'd try it anyway- I held the button for over 30 seconds and it did nothing lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I've found on my 2019 SXT with TracPack that while on and in gear, press & hold traction control until you hear a beep - then both traction control and satbility are disabled as long as car remains in gear...to do burn outs, manual, 1st gear, otherwise, auto trans takes over...I've done a couple times but don't want to keep spending money on new meats....enjoy and send video!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts