Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just ran vs a 2.5L nissan altima, the guy won me but he said he added some headers, some ***** ass exhaust the ones that you can fin in pep boys or auto zone, he also has a chip , C.A.I and a turbonator bvut the moment he accelerated the care sounded from a muscle sound like a v6 charger and then sodenly the sound changed and it sounded like if he had a turbo at 24psi the turbo sounded so dam loud I got scared at that thing but then later he showed what his car got and it diodnt had a turbo I just had a air filter , and the headers ehaust etc...... he told me that the sound it made was cause of the air filter and the turbo nator but I think that was bull I think the sound was made by the exhaust maybe he installed a ehxaust that sounds like a turbo Ive seen then on internet but I really want to know if the turbonator make the airfilter sound much louder, thank Alejnadro from Mexico.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
that turbonator is advertised in the back of R&T. motor trend and Car&Driver, guaranteed to give you 60hp!! BULLs*&t. Just another gimic.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
on the infiniti g35 platform(350z is the same) they have something called a "z-tube" which is a replacement intake tube, and a "pop charger" which has something to do with the air filter, that is sposed to make it hella loud, kinda like our CAI does, but more so on them v6's.

idk much about the altima, but i did a bit of research for my pops cuz he was thinkin about adding a couple perf mods to his 07 G35S.

those cars also seem to get decent gains out of what i think is what we call a throttle body spacer. cept theirs are more expensive for some reason.

i dono. are you rolling in a v6 or a v8? just so i can get an idea of what kinda speed this thing was doing with those kinda mods

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on the infiniti g35 platform(350z is the same) they have something called a "z-tube" which is a replacement intake tube, and a "pop charger" which has something to do with the air filter, that is sposed to make it hella loud, kinda like our CAI does, but more so on them v6's.

idk much about the altima, but i did a bit of research for my pops cuz he was thinkin about adding a couple perf mods to his 07 G35S.

those cars also seem to get decent gains out of what i think is what we call a throttle body spacer. cept theirs are more expensive for some reason.

i dono. are you rolling in a v6 or a v8? just so i can get an idea of what kinda speed this thing was doing with those kinda mods
hey mine is a v6 but It has some jba headers chip and cai it just passed by me at the moment the turbo sound came but he didnt had ant turbo.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
its hte CAI. when you hit the gas and the throttle opens it gulps in a huge ammount of air. all htat air flowing thru the CAI makes a "woosh" sound.

i know there is a recently bumped thread called like.. "infamous airhammer...." something something. it has a couple sound clips and you will understand :)

here you go.

all CAI's do this.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46671

1 - 6 of 6 Posts