Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of this yet? What are the specs on the V6 motor? Compression, etc. I'm really thinking about picking up a charger, and kinda like to think out of the box as far as mods. It would be one hell of a sleeper with say a Full T04e and front mount.

Phyte

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anything is possible but it sounds like a lot of work and a lot of $$.

·
Banned
113 Posts
just like the turbo kit for the R/T it's cheaper/better just to spend that money on the SRT8.

Just like that why bother with the V6 when you get more reliability for roughly the same price just by buying the next model up?

Now a turbo SRT8.... MMMMMMMM

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
The other night, I watched a show on TLC called Rides. They were having a build-off between like 4 different teams using the new Chevy HHRs. One team put a turbo on their HHR, but it was unlike any turbo that I have ever seen. Instead of mounting the turbo under the hood, it was mounted just before the muffler at the rear of the car, and the retun piping run back up into the engine compartment.

Does anyone have any other info on this type of turbo, or know where I can get some info? Is it basically a "universal" system?

Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah I have seen the turbo muffler before and here is the website for the company that does them STS Turbo

Enjoy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, and call me a skeptic but I see a downfall somewhere in the mix... computer fuel/air ratio? wear/tear on engine... I don't know, somewhere though...

·
Registered
732 Posts
I think it would be cool to see, but I think you would be into it for about 10,000, at least.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not sure I would want to "whistle" going down the road. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
The sts system is great. Ya don't need an intercooler because eveything is outside of the engine bay. Only thing that sux is if you bottom out or hit some water your screwed. ANd as someone else mentioned ya lose the exhaust sound and you get a whistle instead. Mopar action or mopar muscle not sure did a feature on it a few months back. With like 8 psi they got about 150 more horse out of the truck hemi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exhaust sounds remains the same at cruising speeds, only at WOT do ya hear the turbo spool. No doubt the technology is proven, remember the little 3.8L back in 87'....as in the 1987 Buick Grand National.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I miss my 87 Grand National. :cry:

But, I have a Charger now! :happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts