Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Once you get it leak proofed, I'd use a piece of split 3/4 or 1" ptfe hose zip tied over those lines. I'm not sure I'd trust that foam to the heat or wind under there.
Yeah, right when you posted that, i added to my todo notes to replace with piece of rubber mat…i have a bunch cargo rubber mats from trucking stuff and they are 1/8” thick rubber made from recycled tires..and also a piece between the supply braided line and drain line for extra chaffing protection.

Wood Road surface Automotive tire Branch Rectangle

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
Wind, rain, cold day 6.
i got a little done today between the busted knuckels, screams, cussing, and kicking things.
got the wastegates installed, turbo oil supply and drain lines cut to size and fittings added and installed/tightened. Used a piece of high density foam from one of the boxes wastegates came in to keep oil supply fitting from rubbing/smacking/rattling against bottom of tranny.
got the cold side steel pipes back from my friend…had them powder coated black…did not like the raw stainless with weld rainbow stains…you wont see it all, but i will see it in my mind 😬

View attachment 305400
View attachment 305399
View attachment 305401

Please, please, use Zipties to stand these off of each other.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Between rain squalls and mist i got some done.
installed wastegate vacuum lines and tightened wastegates, added rubber matting to various areas to prevent rubbing..zip tied all lines clear of exhaust and moving parts. Installed cold side pipes and hoses to intercooler and clocked cold side of turbos and tightened. Fixed broken lower grill in facia(dealer damage) and removed grill scat pack emblem…fixed a few clamps so the bolts were not pointing down.
i am pretty much done under the car other than a final check of everything and leak check after warmup. I still have to do a few minor things:
intercooler to engine hoses/pipes with race bov
Install new air temp and map sensors
reinstall alternator
regap all 16 plugs to .015
install fuel pump voltage booster and injectors
Reconnect battery
start her ip and check for leaks and if ok, let her warmup and repeat leak check
reinstall facia
reinstall coolant tank
install new thermostat and reinstall radiator and heater hoses.
before reinstalling some the hoses, and coolant, i want to install the stainless hose braid and red powder coated ends.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
Happy? 🤔😂
Not quite! I was suggesting to do this which will work better than foam on the hoses. This is a technique we use on race cars and aircraft when hoses are near each other. Prevents rubbing and helps them stay in place.

Product Blue Line Font Electric blue

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The foam was between the oil supply and transmission bellhousing. I changed it so that it has a rubber mat wrapped around foam and lines…the other is a piece of rubber mat between the oil line and drain line which were not touching, just very close.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Some weird shiny bright yellow thing was in sky today…managed get most of it finished…just have a few odds n ends to do. also earlier i had a homer simpson “doh“ moment when i realized i forgot to put the serpentine belt back on and had to remove the turbo oil pump to put it on…then again another “doh” when realized i routed it wrong and need to unbolt it again. Actually, i just practicing for future belt changes 😬😵‍💫
also started installing the stainless hose braid, but seems radiator hose to large a diameter for my braid..oh well, i will still use the powder coated collars.
i should be firing her up later tomorrow 🤞
then check for leaks and let her run a while to warm everything up and leak check again…if all good will put the front back on sunday.

Wheel Hood Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Hood

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Grille Wheel Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Here is why its called “hidden sleeper”

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

turbo? What turbo 😁

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Dyno tune

Reactions: White Elemant

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
413 Posts
Holy moly, so cool. :)

If you were going to install this for someone how much would you charge for labour? In USD where I assume you live

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,666 Posts
In the tune, I would almost suggest disabling the Short Runner Valves and keep it in long runner mode. Or switch to a 6.1 Intake.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Holy moly, so cool. :)

If you were going to install this for someone how much would you charge for labour? In USD where I assume you live
I would only ever do this again when on a lift…but its around 30hr labor and avg shop charges $120hr for this sort thing.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
parts left over..wonder if they important?

Asphalt Automotive tire Road surface Bicycle part Circle

jk…they were replaced

• Haha

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
All back together and let it run a while..no leaks.
but few issues could use help with.
1. Is there a way to make sure air is out of cooling system? Cant fit all the coolant i drained, so must be some air trapped and i dont know if is a bleed screw like on 5.7
2. My srt pages are now missing and drive mode btn does nothing.
3. how to post video of exhaust sound?
4. Remote start shuts off like 10 secs after and msg says “remote start disabled, press start to reset”…i am assuming this is because car is still on jack stands and angle is affecting it. Launch mode btn does not work due to not on level ground, so maybe why remote start shuts off after 5-10 sec?

while she was apart, i installed some of the hose braid..damned rad hose to large a diam so couldnt do that…did others and also added my new caps and dipstick.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Trunk Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Rim

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

White Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
She lives…

can hear turbo whine near end video