Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So started my hellion twin turbo install today..also have diablosport trinity t2 and modified pcm to install And decided to do a build thread for anyone else who is interested since there is no other twin turbo builds.
i planned to get it on lift at friend’s shop, but both lifts are taken up by engine swaps. So borrowed his low profile jack and some stands so i dont need buy new jack.
so today i was in a race to get as much done as could before storms.
got the front facia off and the cat pipes, driver side exhaust header and all but 2 bolts from passenger…had go buy a special long neck 1/4” cordless ratchet so can reach it. Will try tomorrow if weather cooperate. I did also get radiator drained, alternator and starter removed(all to access exhaust easier).
got all the turbo parts kit pieces in trunk stacked in order of install..mostly in trunk due to weather.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Plant Motor vehicle Road surface Grass Automotive tire
Leg Plant Grass Human leg Thigh

Luggage and bags White Automotive lighting Product Plastic bag

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this projected to make to the wheels after install?
Depends on psi. It comes with stackable springs for 3/5/7 lbs, so can go 3psi, 5,7,8,10,12,15 with those, more with other springs can order. But i wouldnt do more than 7psi with stock bottom.
i plan to run with 3psi and see how it feels. 3 psi and tune is supposed to do 550 to wheels. 5psi 650-680hp.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn that’s a monster and if you add supporting mods you’re taking down hellcats
I will be doing more mods..just in stages.
1st: turbos and modified/unlocked pcm and tuner(diablosport trinity t2)
2nd: (later this fall) trans and driveline improvements
3rd: (next summer)
plus pistons and molnar rods

Reactions: Callahan843

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no disire to TT mine, but I would love to see pics and or see how the kit installs and where everything is routed. Specifically any body modifications needed to get it all to fit and function properly. Oh, and power numbers. Everyone loves power numbers post any kind of install.

Good Luck! Looks like it'll be quite the venture.
You can read install guide..first part is for challenger facia, but rest same as charger.
there is no mods required, other than some minor trimming of plastic splash shield at facia.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The weak link will end up being the transmission (8HP70 vs 8HP90 for the hellcat). I'll be curious to see how it holds up. Then there's the rear diff and axles. @Punisher69 will have the laundry list of things that can go kaboom when the power gets dialed up. :)

Looks like fun!

Best,
Thats already on my todo list when i dial it up later..going mild for now

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw no mention of fuel delivery mods?
Thats after turbo is installed..kit came with jms fuel pump booster and id1050x injectors that as options i added.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Weather held out today till after noon when it got cooler as nor’easter started building strength then misty rain at 7pm…but got bunch done before.’got this 2 sob bolts off pass exhaust and both pass/driver new headers installed. Driver turbo down pipe done, starter and lower steering shaft reinstalled. turbo oil supply installed along with scavenger pump and crank belt, radiator fans modified for the clearance. Bumper spot welds cut and bumper removed, then rain started. Bumper gets reinstalled with small spacers after intercooler installed.
Tomorrow after spending time with my mom(mothers day) im going to prep turbos and pre-assemble other parts in garage as its supposed to be raining all day. Next step is clocking turbos and adding oil fittings to them then they get bolted on.
i really like how hellion packs these kits…eveything is labelled and packed in order of use. They even supply the locktite, zip ties, spot weld cutter..everything. All you need to add is elbow grease..and some shredded arms from reaching between abs brake lines and valvle cover for then pass exhaust bolts

only real way to reach top center bolt on new header is from underside

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Musical instrument Wind instrument Bicycle part Cylinder Nickel

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive fuel system Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive design Automotive exterior
Road surface Sculpture Art Automotive tire Font

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread Wheel

Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Tread Tire Motor vehicle Auto part

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You're going to need more fuel than that boost a pump, even at low boost levels.

This is something you do not want to skimp on. I have ebay headers and several other cut corners but the fuel system was done as overkill.

Seriously, one lean pull and that's all she wrote.
I will call them and order a pump..car will be down for week prolly…not suppose to stop raining till weds and i have get back work tuesday, so will finish up little here n there and mostly next weekend, so plenty time order pump

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
More pics

would this be considered a fresh air intake? 🤔😂

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

fyi the bricks are to stand on and work under the hood and better reach stuff

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Old 392 oem headers and cat pipes are for sale if any want…have them listed in for sale forum and entertain offers.
the 392 headers are a mod for 5,7 right?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I made mistake on spring/psi info, it comes with 4 different springs and capable of mild to detonation upon turning key to start 😂
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

Tire Automotive tire Water Wood Tread

Vertebrate Wood Automotive tire Mammal Font

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Crappy rainy day today, so spent it in garage getting stuff ready to install. Loosened all turbo clocking screws and installed oil lines. Setup wastegates and air intake hoses/filters, and few other misc things.

Photograph Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Camera lens

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bumper

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
F’n cold day with this nor’easter off coast..20-30mph sustained winds dont help…but bit bullet and drudged on.
finished off hot side today and also got intercooler mounted.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Looking good. You're gonna wish you had a larger intercooler once you start making boost though.
Was that or the race, and race required mods to bumper/grill..but atleast that can be easily changed/upgraded later on.

im suprised how well things going, considering i had do in driveway on my back and i have limited use of arms due to nerve neck damage and titanium cervical spine..but as you know, nothing can stop us from achieving more power..grunt grunt 😂

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Progress will slow down some now…got go back work tomorrow. Truck passed federal inspection and corporate safety released my work hold so can be dispatched…but i should be able get in a few hours each day.
hoping to have her done by weekend so i can do other stuff to her lol

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
had doc appt today after work, so was tired and too damn windy and cold..20deg below normal due to this nor’easter than knows i wanna workmon car, so it parked its ass off coast.
i did remove intercooler and modify pass side mounting bracket cause only 1 bolt hole would line up with intercooler. Then repainted it to prevent rust.
and i did some work by opening a box 😂

Rectangle Font Transparency Packaging and labeling Metal

Reactions: Torred392Daytona

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice. Thanks for this thread. When it starts raining, what do you do? Just cover her with a fitted tarp?

Also, as Ruth from Ozarks said..."I don't know shit about ****"

in terms of the know how needed to do this but its a fun thread and maybe I'll learn a thing or two!
I close the hood..i dont care if radiator gets wets..gets wet when drive in rain.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Wind, rain, cold day 6.
i got a little done today between the busted knuckels, screams, cussing, and kicking things.
got the wastegates installed, turbo oil supply and drain lines cut to size and fittings added and installed/tightened. Used a piece of high density foam from one of the boxes wastegates came in to keep oil supply fitting from rubbing/smacking/rattling against bottom of tranny.
got the cold side steel pipes back from my friend…had them powder coated black…did not like the raw stainless with weld rainbow stains…you wont see it all, but i will see it in my mind 😬

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel White Automotive tire Light

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts