Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This all started on another thread and it came about as a respond to a fellow misguided v6 charger owner:

Charger250: Jet Chip 3.5L ?

Stage 1 Stage 2 Who has which and how do you like it. Any one get stage one, and upgrade to stage 2?

A lil advice, u should read more before u waste your money. All that crap does is change the shift points so that it will seem faster by taking longer to
upchange and getting those rpm's up there in the stratosphere. In order to maximize this effect, it helps to use premium gas but honestly the most gain u canget from this is 12-14 measly horsepower. If u wanted to get killed at the gas station u might as well have bought an SRT-8 (which actually requires Premium) and instead of peanuts get an ass kicking 425 pounds of torque.

You want R/t Like power without paying V8 insurance premiums? then wait a lil longer until someone finally gets us a top notch flash or tuner and get your 3.5 stroked and bored (read about the Prowler v6 3.5 that got stroked to a 5.0 and i think there is even a 4.3 for those not willing to put that much strain in our aliminum block) This can give us anywhere from 70-120 more HP atthe wheels. If u really wanna kick some R/t ass in a v6, u can add a supercharger and get about 50-60 more HP out of her. For about 6-8 G's u can have a seriously fast 4 door sedan and surprise a lot of people who think its a one exhaust pipe 3.5 turtle.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
huh???????

·
Registered
503 Posts
Now now fellas ;) Tho' I have to agree to a point... first off a JET module does not change your shift points.

As for Charger250 he had already ordered the module. Not everyone wants to take apart their engine... and not everyone can wait for a tuner.

I've enjoyed my JET chip for the last year.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just reread my post and it looks as if I were saying if I could get 12 hp from a supercharger i would be all over it What I meant was superchip or any other chip.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Dyno tests I've seen show a couple HP reduction with the Jet Stage 2 but with a large improvement in torque (which helps us launch more "impressively" with our 3.5's).

There is no SC for the V6.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dyno tests I've seen show a couple HP reduction with the Jet Stage 2 but with a large improvement in torque (which helps us launch more "impressively" with our 3.5's).

There is no SC for the V6.
Do you know the exact amount of torque improvement, since this is really what i am interested in. Also do u know the exact numbers for the stage 1, is this as effective in the torque dept.? Oh by the way your kinda wrong about the SC, there are a couple of pre production kits riding around out there but i beleive no one has officially released a mass market version simply because of cpu communication issues.

Did anyone read the Hot Rod magazine article about the guy in 6.1 that installed a SC and used a piggyback controller to get around this, he has had veryu impressive results and was curious if this is possible for the v6.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Do you know the exact amount of torque improvement, since this is really what i am interested in. Also do u know the exact numbers for the stage 1, is this as effective in the torque dept.? Oh by the way your kinda wrong about the SC, there are a couple of pre production kits riding around out there but i beleive no one has officially released a mass market version simply because of cpu communication issues.

Did anyone read the Hot Rod magazine article about the guy in 6.1 that installed a SC and used a piggyback controller to get around this, he has had veryu impressive results and was curious if this is possible for the v6.
since he was talkin bout chips i think he meant superchip(SC)not supercharger so ur kinda wrong......AGAIN:grin:

·
Registered
902 Posts
that is funny toxico. And muscle as far as there not being a supercharger available do you post at random or do you research the topics you spew out inacuracies about

·
Registered
576 Posts
Circle A, a van????? Don't do it man. You have the most beautiful machine available in the free world, man!!!!

This threadjack made possible by our lack of a moderator to keep posts on topic!!!! lol

·
Registered
902 Posts
jack! Jack Jack! Yeah any way like I have said its her car so she can trade it if she wants to, I sure would rather make the payments on a 20k car rather than a 52k van but she says she needs it so she gets it. Besides if it were a srt I would keep it. I like a lot of power in my cars. Absolutely no offense to the v/6 crowd, this car was a blast to make look good, only problem is now it looks 10x faster than it is.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do you know the exact amount of torque improvement, since this is really what i am interested in. Also do u know the exact numbers for the stage 1, is this as effective in the torque dept.?
here are the results of a dyno day we did last fall.
note the mods list were the Jet chip user had lower HP buthigher torque

For the V-6 crew, the bone stock held up pretty well, and it was heat soaked becasue it was used to dial in the dyno

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Circle A, a van????? Don't do it man. You have the most beautiful machine available in the free world, man!!!!

This threadjack made possible by our lack of a moderator to keep posts on topic!!!! lol
Finally just getting on after being gone for a little and things go downhill! I took care of those hijacks

I'm also going to go ahead and take this opportunity to remind everyone that it would probably be a good time to review the forum rules...No more hijacks or thread crappin! Only warning

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
here are the results of a dyno day we did last fall.
note the mods list were the Jet chip user had lower HP buthigher torque

For the V-6 crew, the bone stock held up pretty well, and it was heat soaked becasue it was used to dial in the dyno

correct me if wrong, but the loss of HP and the GAIN of torque, just shows that you lost power in one place and made it up in another...

granted hp isnt everything, but torque and hp work together to produce overall performance.

maybe its me, but jet makes the claim of gains in hp AND torque....

anything performance wise, In my truly honest view, should mean it makes gains across the board, overall, or even in a certain power band in BOTH hp AND tq...

in the end tricking a computer i still dont believe to be really effective much. its like those IAT sensor resistors on ebay for 7$ or less... they do the same exact function as these 200+$ modules... trick the IAT sensor into thinking the air is colder than it really is...

·
Registered
503 Posts
maybe its me, but jet makes the claim of gains in hp AND torque....

anything performance wise, In my truly honest view, should mean it makes gains across the board, overall, or even in a certain power band in BOTH hp AND tq...
Samoan, you crap on the Jet modules constantly... so I have to ask, have you tried one ? I have a Stage 2 and I like it. Others I've talked to with a Jet module seem to like it too. Sure I'll be happy to rip it out when I can get a tuner, but for now I'm quite happy with it.

No more hijacks or thread crappin! Only warning
Not even in crappy threads like this one ??? :lol: j/k ;)

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Samoan, you crap on the Jet modules constantly... so I have to ask, have you tried one ? I have a Stage 2 and I like it. Others I've talked to with a Jet module seem to like it too. Sure I'll be happy to rip it out when I can get a tuner, but for now I'm quite happy with it.
Hey brah, i have no problem talkin story with dis one....

i have nearly 500$ worth of dyno time with it, which included 2 dyno days, the product, shipping, and fuel. granted it was on my last project car...dyno sheets and post here http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=76862&page=5

After finding out what exactly the module does i surely am NOT going to waste the same amount of money, and get the SAME runaround from JET THEMSELVES doing the same testing with a more expensive car, when the fact still remains that all it does is trick the computer to THINK the air is colder, when in fact it isnt....

remember, before you run out and install parts on your car, be it swaybars, suspension, internals.... its always beneficial to find out what it is, but more importantly, HOW IT WORKS.....

it does nothing more than create the car to running richer.... which is the EXACT same thing that the "modules" and resistors on ebay do, for pretty much 1/50th the cost of jet.

heres a few: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF...009QQitemZ190145301501QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF...009QQitemZ190149340673QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

running richer, without the increase of spark or oxygen dense air (actual cooler air), to me, honestly, seems kinda pointless. that is, unless the car was running tragicly lean to begin with... if i'm a bit under the surf, brah, lemme know. but to make power you need more of all three. unburned fuel not always leave deposits on exhaust tips, sometimes, they leave em on the pistons alone, and clog in the catalytic converters over time.

only difference is, with the jet, you plug it to the computer, with the ones on ebay, you plug em into the IAT sensor itself.

same results, different location of product, WAY different prices.

so far, brah, the best dyno produced here on this site showed a HP LOSS. small torque gain....

the best dyno gain on the lx forums that i've found was 2.5RWHP and i think 4 torque. http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=71945

the rest of the dynos which arent as hyped, actually showed LOSSES in both HP and TQ.

so for 200+$ the most anyone has gained was not even 3 full HP? BRAH..... if you look around, theres more consistent gains from switching to an K&N drop in filter on various cars tested by independent people.

by all means though, if you like it....then stay running it. its just my view, and my experience with JET the product, the company, and testing it. if i add something to my car for the sake of performance, i shouldnt lose power, and if i use a bit more fuel, then a pretty DECENT power gain should be shown, not extreme, but certainly more than 2.5rwhp. and think about it...2.5RWHP for 200+$... most sites sell it for 239 and shipping is around lets sayyy 7$. so for 246...basically 250$...

that equals 100$ PER HP.

i'm all for reflashes personally. since OBD2 came out around late 95 early 1996, pretty much all car computers have had the need to be reflashed....the removal and installation of chips have since then been phased out. part of the reason, from JET, that some cars dont make gains is because the computer is trying to keep within spec, various sensors are detecting that something is fighting against the cars computer (the module)...

with a reflash, you change all info in the computer to run in unison with new settings. no tricks in most parts.

hope you understand where i come from, brah. mahalo!:smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts