Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have access to detailed TSB info ?

I found a TSB on AllData.com and I'd like to know what it says and if there ae updated parts, what those part numbers may be.

TSB # 05-001-07 dated "APR 07" .... "Brakes - Front Brake Squeal/Shudder/Vibration"

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Anybody out there have access to detailed TSB info ?

I found a TSB on AllData.com and I'd like to know what it says and if there ae updated parts, what those part numbers may be.

TSB # 05-001-07 dated "APR 07" .... "Brakes - Front Brake Squeal/Shudder/Vibration"
yeah, that's the $24.95 question...damn paysites. are you having break squeal like the other 50% on this site???

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that's the $24.95 question...damn paysites. are you having break squeal like the other 50% on this site???
No brake noises here ..... I just had both front rotors replaced under warranty yesterday for a pulsation issue, and I'm wondering if they used the most upated part #'s ....

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I looked up the TSB on that site and it's only about Police cars ...

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
No brake noises here ..... I just had both front rotors replaced under warranty yesterday for a pulsation issue, and I'm wondering if they used the most upated part #'s ....
pulsation issue... was it due to the awd?? i haven't noticed anything like that yet... i have 4700 miles on mine:knockout:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pulsation issue... was it due to the awd?? i haven't noticed anything like that yet... i have 4700 miles on mine:knockout:

I doubt they were pulsating because of the AWD, maybe just bad castings ...

The brakes started pulsating slightly at about 1-2k miles, but it was getting really bad when they got warmed up, the pulsation would shake the whole car starting with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Oh no, this is a problem with the Chargers and it has been addressed for the SRT models but not the R/Ts. My rotors were scored at 600 miles, they said it was normal and nothing was done, see my thread about this. Normal my butt. I have owned alot of cars over the years and NONE have had this problem. So I went to another dealer, same BS its normal. Well at 7577 they had to replace the rotors because they were warped and when they turned them they were beyond limits. Then again at 8702 I started having the same problem and again at the same dealer that replaced the rotors before they said it was normal. They did nothing again! Its been 8000 more miles it worse and over the 12000 miles and they are telling me its normal and I am going to have to pay for the repairs, its at another dealer now. I complained and he told me it was me the way I drive!!!!!!! Absurd!!! Amazing!!! I got pissed and he said he is going to call his factory rep and see if she will do anything for me about this. We all know where this is going..............NOWHERE!!!!!! Complete BS about these brakes and Dodge just needs to admit that there is a problem with them and fix it.

Man it just pisses me off how Dodge/Chrysler will not own up to a problem. It makes not one bit of sense what so ever. Just say there is a problem, fix it and move on. Amazing!!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thats nuts! Really ticks me off.

Its probably worth the gamble for them to fight the customers and fix some issues here and there rather than to recall every car.
Ford/Firestone did the same thing w/ the tires but it bit them in the butt.

When it comes to safety items like that they should replace them, imo. If nothing else it will keep the lawyers out of the equation.

-GB

·
Registered
716 Posts
Oh no, this is a problem with the Chargers and it has been addressed for the SRT models but not the R/Ts. My rotors were scored at 600 miles, they said it was normal and nothing was done, see my thread about this. Normal my butt. I have owned alot of cars over the years and NONE have had this problem. So I went to another dealer, same BS its normal. Well at 7577 they had to replace the rotors because they were warped and when they turned them they were beyond limits. Then again at 8702 I started having the same problem and again at the same dealer that replaced the rotors before they said it was normal. They did nothing again! Its been 8000 more miles it worse and over the 12000 miles and they are telling me its normal and I am going to have to pay for the repairs, its at another dealer now. I complained and he told me it was me the way I drive!!!!!!! Absurd!!! Amazing!!! I got pissed and he said he is going to call his factory rep and see if she will do anything for me about this. We all know where this is going..............NOWHERE!!!!!! Complete BS about these brakes and Dodge just needs to admit that there is a problem with them and fix it.

Man it just pisses me off how Dodge/Chrysler will not own up to a problem. It makes not one bit of sense what so ever. Just say there is a problem, fix it and move on. Amazing!!!!
I wonder if its not something else. I was thinking maybe the calipers are rubbing too soon like its a master cylinder problem or brake electrical problem. You would think the dealer would have looked at that and let you know. These guy's don't know how to fix there own product.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I noticed that my front rotors were scored around 6,000 miles, there are silver lines near the hubs where the black coating has worn off. I complained to the dealer about it & the service advisor told me it was normal because the metal of the calipers rubbing the metal rotors will cause wear like that lol.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Just say there is a problem, fix it and move on. Amazing!!!!
They did, TSB# 05-001-07

They will fix only more expensive systems (smaller population?), and all us R/T owners get screwed. Whatever you end up doing, do not get OEM pads. I think the rotors are OK, it's the pads causing all the problems.

My rotors are stamped BOSCH, which you would think is a reputable manufacturer over in Germany. Not sure who makes the pads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts