Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys Gals, got an 06 Charger SRT8 that was wreck and rebuilt before I bought it. Horn d/n work and steering wheel pad felt odd when trying to activate horn. Turns out airbag was deployed and never replaced. I have jumpered the horn relay and it works, so I believe the problem is in the steering column. I tried jumping the horn switch, no joy. Thing is, the 2 wires that connect to the airbag/horn (DG/V and GY/LG....if I follow them behind the steering wheel to where the white disconnect connector is there are only 3 wires going through it ...red, black, white...what happened to the 2 horn wires and all the remote button wires that should be going through this plug to the switch, steering rt and on into the scm? Anyone got any pics of the switch, steering rt, and sc, and the module, steering control? All the steering wheel buttons work, but how can they when there are a bunch going into the white disc plug that feed the steering wheel disc along with the airbag deploy wires? Also have a code c121A steering angle sensor not initialiazed, tried the cal procedure 2 times, but comes back..also cruise control w/n engage...lite comes on momentarily, then goes out, have a right front wheel speed sensor code c1015 that could be contributing to the cruise problem....recommendations please...If I need to replace the steering angle sensor and SCM I'd rather do it now while I got the airbag off and fix it all. Also airbag light does not come on during self test when ign is turned on...I don't think changing the airbag is going to fix this...thinking the light wire maybe disabled or the air bag controller disconnected...fuses are good. No way to tape over the light in gage cluster is there? Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a used airbag off ebay for $125...went to install it and found the one of the airbag connectors in the steering wheel was broken. Making a junk yard run tomorrow to hopefuly scrounge a new connector pig tail I can splice in or a clock spring. Good news is after I heat shrinked the connectors so I could at least bolt in the airbag and try the horn...the horn works. So the little resistor that's shown in the horn button schematic is required in order for the horn to work...guess the module won't pass the horn signal to the horn relay unless it detects that resitance to start with.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 1 300 in all the junk yards nearby/not nearby. Scored a ws washer jug and level sensor and pump and most important, the wiring harness sins the guys that assembled the SRT8 I own now diked out the ws washer harness? Unfortunately, the airbag connectors were diked out when someone grabbed the airbag, so will probly have to buy the whole clock spring.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it all fixed this past weekend except for the airbag light not selftesting. Replaced the steering column and SCM and Steering angle sensor and clock spring and now no codes and cruise and horn work, and I did find the ws washer wires I needed and spliced them in and that works...except no nozzles on the hood :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clock spring not bad to change w the right tools...need an impact gun for the steering wheel screw, and follow the online instructions and center the new clock spring(hopefully it will be centered when you get it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts