Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it's settled that im getting a charger r/t but i really dont want to pay more than 33. (hell if i could keep it at 30, that'd be sweet) there's 3 major options that i'd like the car with, but i'll have to nix at least one of them to keep the car at a price i want. those options are sunroof, navi, and r/t package.

i'd love to have a sunroof, but i've never owned a car with one before so i dont think i'd miss it all that much. but there aint nothin like getting into a hot car, opening the sunroof, and just feeling all that heat escaping instantly.

navigation is another option i can do without because ive never had it before, but i think it would be more than convenient. i do the occasional road trip and hell, even around the area there are plenty of places ive never been to and i dont own a printer and it would be soooo nice not to have to write down mapquest directions anymore haha. also, i just plain dont like the stock headunit.

and finally, the road/track package. the sole seller is the seats. i plan on intake and exhaust mods, and the "suspension upgrades" will probably go more than unnoticed. i sat in the seats yesterday and decided i could do without them, but i really hate the light colored leather seats i see in every other charger. the rims are a step up too, but i'll probably put rims on eventually anyway, so i dont know how neccassary this option is beyond the seats.

if you read all that, i thank you. i wanna know from people that own these cars, what can i get away with losing, and what cant i live without? anyone who owns vehicles with or without these options, and cares to throw their opinion my way, its appriciated.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
so it's settled that im getting a charger r/t but i really dont want to pay more than 33. (hell if i could keep it at 30, that'd be sweet) there's 3 major options that i'd like the car with, but i'll have to nix at least one of them to keep the car at a price i want. those options are sunroof, navi, and r/t package.

i'd love to have a sunroof, but i've never owned a car with one before so i dont think i'd miss it all that much. but there aint nothin like getting into a hot car, opening the sunroof, and just feeling all that heat escaping instantly.

navigation is another option i can do without because ive never had it before, but i think it would be more than convenient. i do the occasional road trip and hell, even around the area there are plenty of places ive never been to and i dont own a printer and it would be soooo nice not to have to write down mapquest directions anymore haha. also, i just plain dont like the stock headunit.

and finally, the road/track package. the sole seller is the seats. i plan on intake and exhaust mods, and the "suspension upgrades" will probably go more than unnoticed. i sat in the seats yesterday and decided i could do without them, but i really hate the light colored leather seats i see in every other charger. the rims are a step up too, but i'll probably put rims on eventually anyway, so i dont know how neccassary this option is beyond the seats.

if you read all that, i thank you. i wanna know from people that own these cars, what can i get away with losing, and what cant i live without? anyone who owns vehicles with or without these options, and cares to throw their opinion my way, its appriciated.

hey
have you already talked to a dealer??

i got my RT w/ RT, nav, sunroof + more for 33... (invoice).. see if you can talk them down. actually you want to talk around invoice not MSRP!

hope this helped

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
do without the r/t package and this is why....if you don't care for the seats and want the normal ones....then go without....you are going to upgrade the exhaust so why get the better exhaust and back to the seats man....here is a site.....not bad prices - but you can do what you want with the coloring - i really like these and will do this eventually...here is the link

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/DODGE/DODGEF

me personally though...i would also do without the nav option....i have never ever needed it...but i live in a small city....and when i do go on road trips i am a planning fool so i have one of those atlas road maps preplanned...but that is just me - i AM weird like that!!!

or do like milkdud and work it hard!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've got the sunroof and the NAV. While I personally, enjoy these options very much, I think it's all up to a matter of preference. They both really appeal to me on the luxury end. But if you're purely a performance guy, there's really no need to dish out the additional 3k+. As for the navigational system being convenient.........that it is!!!! The only thing that can get a little annoying is the voice direction. I thought it was pretty sick at first, but on a straight route (highway), the damn thing announces that you should continue on the specified highway as you approach almost every possible exit! Fortunately you can lower the volume on the voice, or even shut it off (I think). On a side note, I think it would be pretty cool to be able to customize the voice to say things like, "You're going the wrong way ***hole!," or "Proceed to the specified route...sexy."

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got the R&T pack, the sunroof, and the Nav...but I paid more than 33k (35,300 actually). Sh!t, I thought I was doing good. Now I have go put my head up my ass...thanks guys!

ANyways, the R&T package also has heated seats where the reg R/T doesn't, right? 2k is a fine way to keep them testicles defrosted in those long winter months...

·
Registered
263 Posts
zxe003 said:
On a side note, I think it would be pretty cool to be able to customize the voice to say things like, "You're going the wrong way ***hole!," or "Proceed to the specified route...sexy."
What? You didn't get the Hot Mamma upgrade? My dealer threw it in for me.

"Master, you are making a wrong turn."
"Would you like me to turn the seat heater on to keep those balls nice and warm your sexiness?

Dude, you must go back and have them load this for you, it rocks! :rockon:

lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn milkdud, that sounds like the same exact car i was looking at yesterday, with a sticker near 36. salesman said they wouldnt budge on the price (it wasnt like i was sitting down and hammering out a deal though). if i could get one for 33, i'd totally rock it.

i think the standard seats are great. super comfortable. i just like the darker color leather as opposed to the lighter, but i havent seen one in person yet, whereas i KNOW i can get the interior colors i want in a road/track package equipped one. the rest of the package is pretty much just a temporary bonus.

and yeah, ive always wanted to customize the nav voice. haha "sexy"

·
Registered
649 Posts
dagummit said:
What? You didn't get the Hot Mamma upgrade? My dealer threw it in for me.

"Master, you are making a wrong turn."
"Would you like me to turn the seat heater on to keep those balls nice and warm your sexiness?

Dude, you must go back and have them load this for you, it rocks! :rockon:

lol
:mad: Sh!t...........that's it, I'm returning it.

Hey is it just me, or does the seat warmer make you feel like your a$$ and back are wet? I'm not sweating, it just feels warm and wet. I mean, don't get me wrong....I like warm and wet, just not on my back! Lol :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I, too, have NAV, Sunroof, and R&T. If I had to pick one to live without, I'd drop the sunroof. Yeah, it's cool, but when it's REALLY hot out I usually pull the blind closed and blast the A/C.

If I had to drop a second option, it would be hard to choose between the Nav and the R&T. I'm not a major mods guy, and it makes me nervous when I have someone start pulling out parts of the car (like the exhaust system) to do upgrades. However, R&T includes all of the Convenience Group II that I was going to get anyway so there wasn't a whole lot of upcharge to adding it. Finding out out "instantly" where the nearest gas station or bank is has come in handy lots of times in my last car and probably will again in this one. (Also comes in handy when the kids HAVE TO have McDonalds!)

If your dealer won't budge from MSRP (and if that's appropriate for your region) and you can stand the wait, save your car payments for a couple more months and spring for all of it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Nav system is a complete waist of money IMO. But it's your car, get what you like.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
dagummit said:
ANyways, the R&T package also has heated seats where the reg R/T doesn't, right?
Wrong... My R/T has heated seats... I think off the top of my head it is part of the conveinence group.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
The Nav system is a complete waist of money IMO. But it's your car, get what you like.
:clap: I have to agree, but I will likely be one of the few.

The only option I did not order on my Mag SRT was the NAV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dagummit said:
I got the R&T pack, the sunroof, and the Nav...but I paid more than 33k (35,300 actually). Sh!t, I thought I was doing good. Now I have go put my head up my ass...thanks guys!

ANyways, the R&T package also has heated seats where the reg R/T doesn't, right? 2k is a fine way to keep them testicles defrosted in those long winter months...
I have heated seats under a different option...I would rather go without the R/T package. I have both the sunroof and the nav and enjoy them both..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
damn milkdud, that sounds like the same exact car i was looking at yesterday, with a sticker near 36. salesman said they wouldnt budge on the price (it wasnt like i was sitting down and hammering out a deal though). if i could get one for 33, i'd totally rock it.

i think the standard seats are great. super comfortable. i just like the darker color leather as opposed to the lighter, but i havent seen one in person yet, whereas i KNOW i can get the interior colors i want in a road/track package equipped one. the rest of the package is pretty much just a temporary bonus.

and yeah, ive always wanted to customize the nav voice. haha "sexy"
You should really go shop around! some places sell them for MSRP, Some OVer, and some for invoice! all you have to tell them is that if they sell a car for invoice, they still make a ton of money (not really tho) they get somthing like a 13% kickback from dodge, they get money from chrystler, and they get the maintenance when you bring it in! (now dont quote me on that 13%) if you go to a smaller/ medium size dealer , theyd rather sell a car and not make any money than not sell a car (cause selling a car makes them look bigger to DXC) anyway sit down with the guy and strike up a deal and see how low you can get it. i'v never have a salesman say my offer expires in 24 hours! ya get what i mean!

gl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts