Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many different opinions on what to get and which one is the best....

Airraid?

Airhammer?

AFE?

Dub?

Mopar?

K&N??

I'm so confused............

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ya we have a ton of threads going over them. Good luck, I can say I like my DUB.

·
Registered
523 Posts
AFE Stg II hands down for an SRT8.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ya, everyone has there own opinion and you cant trust the claims of the deveoper when they talk about 20 hp increases. So that just leaves looks and sound and reputable sellers.................

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
523 Posts
What about the rubbing issues?
I just put a piece of electrical tape inside the hood where it was rubbing and problem solved. It is a monster intake though. My 9 year old son could stick his entire leg through it. :lol: Honestly, there really isn't going to be too much performance difference between any of them. I just liked the price and the piece looks nice. I was between the AFE or the Airraid but I didn't like the fact only 1 header was getting cool air with the hood scoop/airraid.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I just installed the Airaid kit in mine and love it so far. I made a choice by going to a couple of Charger get togethers and seeing which one I liked the looks of best, and which one sounded the best to me. It's all about getting which one makes you the happiest, not which one has the loudest cheerleaders on a message board.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Get the one you like the best with the criteria you have. Dyno tests mean nothing, the sound is awesome, just decide what you want to see under your hood.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Seems like an easy decision to me since they don't do much at all. I just slapped an aFe Stage II on mine cause I found a good price on ebay.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I got the GSM due to the "colder' air design....but at the time I hadn't considered impacts from the longer piping (as I learned from the LXForums MOFO testing). It's cool looking though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
AirRaid with RamAir Scoop

IMHO...............this is the BEST looking and BEST functioning of all for a SRT!

For SOME reason, lots of folks want a CAI that picks up air down inside a fender close to the ground.
You know down close to the HOT ASPHALT!!!!!

I like the idea of directing Cooler Fresh Air into the Functional Hood Scoop (that we have already on SRTs) and then further guiding the air directly into the Oversize Filter in its engine heat restricted box!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
I switched from the Airraid scoop to the AFE stage II and I like it much better. Just felt a bit more responsive. That scoop really is more gimicky than anything else. If it was feeding a completely sealed box straight on to the filter then fine....I could see something coming out of that but it feeds the filter back agains the initial flow of air.

Again....it's just my own bias/opinion on it. As an airbox with filter it works nicely, regardless and the filter is quite good with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the K&N 63 Series. Install took about an hour (with a few interruptions). The installation directions absolutely suck, but the install itself is simple. I love the look. My car felt more responsive. My guess is about a 10-15 hp gain at best. Based on all the similarities between the different manufacuturers, I'd say HP gains are virtually equal. It really comes down to price and preference. I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you buy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the K&N 63 Series. Install took about an hour (with a few interruptions). The installation directions absolutely suck, but the install itself is simple. I love the look. My car felt more responsive. My guess is about a 10-15 hp gain at best. Based on all the similarities between the different manufacuturers, I'd say HP gains are virtually equal. It really comes down to price and preference. I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you buy.

Yeah...there's just that little mods face off that was conducted on lxfourms where they dyno tested most all of the CAI's and the only two to show a gain were the AFE and Air Hammer. The gain was less than 10hp by the way. Some of them even showed a loss when compared to the stock box for what it's worth...

You're getting more sound, and maybe a little hp - that's all.

Eric

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only two have proven to give actual HP gains....AFE and Hammer the others are just fluff

I personally have the AFE and love it, and it doesnt rub if you just simply push down and tighten on the tube when you mount it. No issues and god the sound is sweet...I have no cat back at this time because of this mod...

Jaybo 300 SRT8

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Only two have proven to give actual HP gains....AFE and Hammer the others are just fluff

I personally have the AFE and love it, and it doesnt rub if you just simply push down and tighten on the tube when you mount it. No issues and god the sound is sweet...I have no cat back at this time because of this mod...

Jaybo 300 SRT8
Really? I think the statment should say only 2 out of the ones that were tested on the other forum....
DUB was not a part of that test...............

1 - 20 of 37 Posts