Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carpet in my trunk has to be the slickest surface known to man. I dont keep much in my trunk just a little tool kit and maybe some detailing products but I can hear it slide around all the time. What is everyone using to organize there trunk cause this is beginning to drive me crazy.

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
The carpet in my trunk has to be the slickest surface known to man. I dont keep much in my trunk just a little tool kit and maybe some detailing products but I can hear it slide around all the time. What is everyone using to organize there trunk cause this is beginning to drive me crazy.
You can get a trunk organizer from the dealer; not cheap though.

I just use the cargo net.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I Have One of those big plastic containers that ppl put Xmas lights and crap in. It still skids around but it's not that bad.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get a trunk organizer from the dealer; not cheap though.

I just use the cargo net.
I dont have a cargo net. Maybe I need to get one.. Where does it attach

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
I dont have a cargo net. Maybe I need to get one.. Where does it attach
It attaches about 12 inches from the back wall of the trunk.

Some pics I took for Part Deux a while back:

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Thats what I need. Where did you get yours?
Dealer. It was $47 or something like that.

Should be a lot cheaper for you in the US though. We Canadians get raped on prices for everything. These cars are built 15 miles from where I live and sticker for mine was over $47k, and the freight was $1,200. :rolleyes2:

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I Have One of those big plastic containers that ppl put Xmas lights and crap in. It still skids around but it's not that bad.
I have the same type of box for cleaning gear, but I attached adheasive backed Velcro to the bottom at the 4 corners. It works perfectly keeing the box in place.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought a couple of cheapo rubber floor mats from Wal-Mart to put down if my feet are muddy (I didn't buy my SRT8 mats and I'd never hear the end of it if I ruin them). I keep them in the trunk and the gym bag that I keep back there (w/tools, battery cables, & such) lays on top of them. It doesn't slide at all even if I get sideways being an idiot.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont see where to hook it since the Kicker Sub is in the way.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I had the same problem and I put the WeatherTech cargo liner in mine. I just cut it to fit around the Kicker speaker. Nothing slides on it at all. I also carry a small duffel bag to put loose items in (12" x" 20" bag) that I tuck into the corner opposite the Kicker speaker. Works like a charm. Here's a small pic from Weathertech. If you are interested I can post pics of my set up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I dont see where to hook it since the Kicker Sub is in the way.
You can't use the cargo net with a Kicker Sub. Here are the pics of my WeatherTech liner set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
same here but i added some velcro to the bottom of the container and it stays in place ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go get whatever kind of organizer you want (like a box, something with dividers, etc.) then glue velcro to the bottom of whatever you get..

wont move an inch on the carpet no matter how fast you take turns. :)

I have a small piece of plywood (maybe 6"x6") that I painted black and put velcro on. Now when i put things in my car I just put whatever it is against the trunk wall, then put the plywood on the other side so it cant move..

If that doesnt make sense ill post pics.. lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
I keep the trunk clear of everything normally except detailing supplies which are in a stiff fabric tote of sorts, kind of like a tool organizer you'd put over a bucket if you've ever seen one, and then I use a black bungee to secure it to the side of the car on some open holes that were already there....Works well enough, but I know what you mean about loose items...Sometimes I have to perform a "pre-flight" routine if I know I am planning on some spirited driving, otherwise I hear stuff in the trunk, glove box, door bins, center console, etc....moving all around from the G's....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have my net if you want it let me know! $20 shipped

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Charger Trev used velcro to stick a tub for cleaning stuff in his truck. I thought it was pretty neat and have entertained doing the same. It has been over a year since he did it. If interested, I would send him a PM to see how it has held up over time.

Where you at Trev....don't you hear me talking bout you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts