Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was staring at my Charger's butt today (what can I say, I can't help myself) and thought about what the rear end would look like if the trunk followed the same line as the tail lights did all the way down to the bottom of the trunk, effectively eliminating the horizontal lip. Sort of like the Challenger trunk, where you can't really tell (other than the lights) where the trunk begins.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or know anyone who has done this? I can try to draw it if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
truthfully I have no idea what your thinking...sry

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i wanna see what ure talking about

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I mean:

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/trunkx.jpg/

If you look at our cars rear end from a side angle, you can see the nice curvature present. It has a smooth downward slope from the top of the tails all the way down to where the "bumper" portion starts. The trunk, however, drops completely off and goes straight down. What I'm asking is, has anyone made a trunk that follows that same smooth curvature?

And sorry if my drawing/handwriting sucks. I just wanted to scribble something down for you guys.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
dude how the hell are u gonna do that?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dude how the hell are u gonna do that?
Realistically speaking, I don't have the resources to do this. I was more of wondering if any 3rd party company had custom-made a fiberglass (or carbon fiber) trunk like this, or if anyone has ever even thought of it.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
ive never heard of anybody do this, but its definetely possible, shouldnt cost much either

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive never heard of anybody do this, but its definetely possible, shouldnt cost much either
Yeah, I just kinda' got inspired by looking at what Mo was gonna' do to his fenders. Dunno' if he ever ended up doing it or not but looking at the concept sketch got the gears turning. I know there are companies that make slightly differently-shaped trunks. I saw a CF one that stuck out farther than normal and had a bit of a lip on it; clearly NOT the OEM shape.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I have stupid fingers and can't really draw so that quick scribble was pretty Dan good. I see your idea bit I've incotpareted the lines into the car with me vinyl so ie won't work for me.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have stupid fingers and can't really draw so that quick scribble was pretty Dan good. I see your idea bit I've incotpareted the lines into the car with me vinyl so ie won't work for me.
Yeah, I'm actually going for the complete opposite of what the trunk black-out does. I want the trunk to blend into the back of the car seamlessly rather than stand out indefinitely. I do like what you did, though.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
yea ive seen that trunk, huntastic has it and its nice, and Mo is almost done with his fenders, i just read like a minute ago

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
and u cant beat the 400-500 dollar price, thats pretty good if u ask me

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
hell yes, but im no shape of buying those right now, im saving for my grip bumper :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hell yes, but im no shape of buying those right now, im saving for my grip bumper :thumbsup:
Hell yes! I love the GRIP look. Too expensive for me, though. I'll just be doing minor exterior mods here and there until I knock out most of my performance mods.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
true that, im pretty happy with my car so far on performance mods, so ill be set for a little while when i get my grip bumper

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty good sketch man haha i was expecting a lot less :bigthumb:

I like our trunk lines. But that looks like it wouldn't be that hard to do. And hell maybe carbonbydesign could hook you up with one so its lighter too

1 - 20 of 30 Posts