Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Anyone Else Having A Problem With Their Trunk Lid Scratching Their Rear Bumper On Their Chargers? I Have A Daytona And I Just Sent It Back To The Dealer To Have The Trunk Lid Adjusted And The Bumper Repainted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
Took mine to the dealer a few days ago. Then to the body shop. I believe they simply placed a spacer under the passenger side rubber gromet. Problem gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I just had my 3000 mile service and had the dealership look at these scratches.They came to the conclusion that the trunk shocks on my R/T are not the same as the Daytonas' they had on the lot.Apparently the Daytona trunk shocks are stronger than mine, so when I had a spoiler put on, I should have replaced the shocks also. Here is the Part number they gave for the Daytona shocks:4814200AF-$19.00 each.Any other Daytona owners have this problem, and if you do are your shock part numbers the same as above? I don't want to have to replace the parts if they are not the cause of the problem.Will somebody please post pics of the location of the added washers to fix this problem? Thanks guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,783 Posts
Bad_24_7 said:
I just had my 3000 mile service and had the dealership look at these scratches.They came to the conclusion that the trunk shocks on my R/T are not the same as the Daytonas' they had on the lot.Apparently the Daytona trunk shocks are stronger than mine, so when I had a spoiler put on, I should have replaced the shocks also. Here is the Part number they gave for the Daytona shocks:4814200AF-$19.00 each.Any other Daytona owners have this problem, and if you do are your shock part numbers the same as above? I don't want to have to replace the parts if they are not the cause of the problem.Will somebody please post pics of the location of the added washers to fix this problem? Thanks guys.

I have a Daytona and I have the same problem.... The rubber spacer on the bottom of the trunk lid isn't big enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
I also have the Daytona and see the same problem. Hmm that sucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I have the same issue, when I took it in for the couple other things I had wrong, they buffed it out and then MOVED the trunk lid about 3/16 of an ince to the right (since the mark was on the left). Well its a good thing I have to go back for a new headlight anyway cause that looks awfull, a large gap on the left and a real small one on the right - Jerks!

I think the next time I go in I'll have to speak directly to the mechanic on this one as it seems whoever worked on it this time doesn't understand the issue.

Jer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
:) :) :) Thats why I love this forum! This thread alerted me of the problem and when I took my RT in for spoiler I told body guy the problem and he put in slightly bigger spacers. Thx Charger forums.com!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,051 Posts
Hey, we need another thread on this topic.

Hurry, go create an identical thread so we can get the same five responses.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
epoch said:
Hey, we need another thread on this topic.

Hurry, go create an identical thread so we can get the same five responses.

Auto Headlights!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
My Daytona is a week old and the trunk lid is starting to rub on my bumper! Does anybody know if there is a fix or a TSB on a fix? Thanks Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,051 Posts
ManGoZilla said:
My Daytona is a week old and the trunk lid is starting to rub on my bumper! Does anybody know if there is a fix or a TSB on a fix? Thanks Jim
Yes. Use the search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
can someone please post a pic of exactly where they are getting scratches? please! i've looked everywhere on mine and found none also all clearences look fine, just want to make sure i'm looking in the right spot. my car was built on 8-05 think dodge might of fixed the problem?
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
i swear i did search but didn't see it. but thanks anyway just wonder why some are scratching and other's not. checked mine and it's fine for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I still have not seen a pic of where the washers were put to fix this problem.Mine seem to have good clearance when closed, but somehow still got scratches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
958 Posts
Only 500 miles here. I found the marks this weekend. I put felt pads over them to prevent the situation from worsening before I take it back to the dealer. Seems to be ok so far, except for the fact I have little felt pads stuck to my bumper!!!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top