Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a 13' charger with keyless entry i have as a rental.i will only have it a couple more days so no point in returning it. no matter what almost every time i get into it the trunk will open. even if i toss the keys in the passenger seat while i clean off the snow the trunk will keep on un latching. i can hear the motor clicking while the lid is still open. i think it could possibly be a problem with the button in the third brake light being depressed and stuck. any other ideas would be awesome.

·
Registered
626 Posts
its a 13' charger with keyless entry i have as a rental.i will only have it a couple more days so no point in returning it. no matter what almost every time i get into it the trunk will open. even if i toss the keys in the passenger seat while i clean off the snow the trunk will keep on un latching. i can hear the motor clicking while the lid is still open. i think it could possibly be a problem with the button in the third brake light being depressed and stuck. any other ideas would be awesome.
Yep, there is a TSB for it, if it's still the plastic button then that's the cause. It has been replaced with a revised rubber button switch which it more resistant to the elements and moisture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts