Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one in their car? If so can I get some pics of how it hooks up? Mine has the sub in the trunk and I can probably figure something out if I can see attachment points

·
Registered
679 Posts
It took me forever to figure mine out

The top mount points are in the middle of the trunk, not the center where I expected them (ended up laying down in the trunk before I found them)

Obviously the pass side bottom goes into the floor hook but on the subwoofer side it is behind the sub meaning you have to remove the sub, hook it up, replace sub. I instead just hooked that one to the edge of the floor panel which works fine.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I don't see reference to what gen your car is. Mine's a 2013 and the cargo net has obvious hook-ups.

It's poorly designed and I finally disconnected it and tossed it in the trunk becase it gets in the way :biggrinjester: better than it does anything else.

Poorest design I've seen, and I've had a few cars with cargo nets.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad hambone- mine is a 2013.

joekd - any pics?

I am working shift work and working the graveyard shift so my eyes are not the best at this time. :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
simple install..........2 eye hooks on each side of the trunk.....the net has clip.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
On the older ones, the top attachment points are part of the body. The holes are hard to see. The bottom attachments are obvious. I doubt the new model is much different.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah my car is a 2006 so I doubt pics would bed very helpful for you

I do admit the net is pretty worthless, I have 2 small duffels I always carry in the trunk (show detailing supplies), a spare shirt sealed up in a bag (just in case) and a bottled drink. I may end up removing it and go back to the way I had it before with the drink inside one of the duffels and then stack everything up in the pass side corner held in place by one bungee start hooked to the floor anchor point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine came as hooked. And I didn't figure the proper use of it....No, not because it poorely designed, just have no idea what to do with the net.
But, it has the same size, as the windshield (interior) sun protector when it folded, so i store the protector in the net.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah my car is a 2006 so I doubt pics would bed very helpful for you

I do admit the net is pretty worthless, I have 2 small duffels I always carry in the trunk (show detailing supplies), a spare shirt sealed up in a bag (just in case) and a bottled drink. I may end up removing it and go back to the way I had it before with the drink inside one of the duffels and then stack everything up in the pass side corner held in place by one bungee start hooked to the floor anchor point.
OK...I have a 06 SRT, and I've searched the trunk all over for anchor points for a net or anything else, and cannot find any. Are they under/behind the liner?
Are they hidden or just staring me in the face and I don't see them?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
They are staring you in the face. Look up, there's a flange with a slot in it that may be covered by the felt trim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts