Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk can be opened by pushing the button even when the fob is nowhere near the car. I've twice had my trunk ransacked while at work.How do I fix this without going to the dealer?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you talking about the button on the trunk? Dang...I might have to try this to see if it happens. I can imagine it causing some consternation. Sorry I don't have an answer, but if it is still under warranty, definitely take it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My trunk can be opened by pushing the button even when the fob is nowhere near the car. I've twice had my trunk ransacked while at work.How do I fix this without going to the dealer?
2014 sxt not under warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not a perfect solution I admit, but unless you use the button on the trunk to open it regularly, maybe just snip one of the wires to make that button nonfunctional? I personally never open it that way so it wouldn’t affect me whatsoever; I only hit the button inside the car or from the fob. I’m actually pretty sure my trunk button doesn’t work at all so don’t have that option even if I wanted to 😀

Maybe a dumb question, but have you verified this isn’t affecting your door locks as well? If the proximity system is screwed up for the trunk I could see it affecting the doors as well.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Seems like there was a recall for this. Have you checked Dodge’s website for recalls to see if it’s subject to any outstanding ones?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts