Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few memebers here have Trufiber hoods and I had a few questions. How do you guys like them so far after having them awhile? Do they seem durable? Any issues with flexing at high speeds or due to temp? Any other comments about them would also be really appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have Trufiber SRT-8 hood and Love it...I got the first generation hood which is discontinue.
I heard they made second generation hood and it's even better since you can use the OEM grill.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues with warping? Any issues at high speeds?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If You Guys Like The Hood Let Me Know If We Get Enough People Who Want Them Theres A Good Chance We Might Get A Group Discount

·
Registered
282 Posts
From the pictures it looks like the air just goes straight into the engine compartment. is this correct. unlike other hoods that route it to the CAI area. Does it really make a difference where the air is routed to. I'll probably get the ramair hood myself. a bit more money but *SEEMS* to be truely functional

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure which hood you are speaking about. The trufiber hoods run right to the area of you intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine back from the paint shop and the hood lines are very bad. I am unhappy with the out come and will need get it resolved some how..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just got mine back from the paint shop and the hood lines are very bad. I am unhappy with the out come and will need get it resolved some how..

Trufiber guarantee their products. Where did you get the hood from? I would contact them and address the issue.

You said hood lines are bad, what do you mean by that, is it the fitment that not line up with the hood?
Oh...can you post some pix ?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please post some pictures and keep us updated with this. I am about to make this purchase but am going to wait on an update from you.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
color match is pretty good. I see where it looks like a sheet of plastic after you put a hot light bulb near it. It curls up on the ends.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The hood lift looks like a common problem. There were several thread about this issues. I think there is a write up about this to show you how to fix it...
But what happen to the first picture? Looks like someone sat on your hood...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm now I'm wondering if I want to go ahead with this purchase. Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Dam, I was looking into that hood for my sublime as well.

Hey, do you have any pictures of the entire front of your car? Im trying to see what those painted headlight covers look like!!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Why would you send it to paint looking like that? Didn't you dry fit it first to check for fitment? You should have been calling about that right away, not spending money on paint and finding out it was screwed.

I think this is a total fluke. I have seen countless GOOD Trufiber hoods, this is the first that I have heard of one that has come all warped. Honestly, everything I have heard about this hood has been positive except for this case.

Another thing I just noticed is this is a Gen 1 hood. Gen 2 made numerous fitment changes as well as the ability to accept the factory hood scoop insert. I REALLY doubt you see something like this again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
True that...A good body shop would dry fit the hood first to avoid this kind of issue....Did they test fit the hood first before they paint it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts