Charger Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have one question though, in the picture you took pointing downward, it looks like their yellow is a little too red. I"ve been in the printing business for all my life, so I see color differences higher than most. Maybe it is just the picture though. Looks sick though, you do need hood stuts, you'll love them.
My car was dirty, I drove from Willaimsburg, VA to Avon, NJ just for the install. With the road dirt on the car and the hood being fresh, well you can tell the rest.

As stated before...
I had them installed, but due to the hood being of a Fiber materail, it could produce stress cracks around the hood hinge area. So for shows and stuff I will simply install the struts with the hood up and lay down the prop rod. Than take them off, before I put the hood down to prevent possible stress cracks

· Registered
48 Posts
The hood looks great, and I love the flame work on the intake and engine cover.
A question though; I know that these hoods dump cooler air right over your CAI, but what happens if you"re caught in a heavy rainstorm? Are there any drains built in, or does it dump the water over your CAI as well? I'm assuming that there are drains, but from your pics of the underside of the hood, I just dont see any weep holes or anything.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
but what happens if you"re caught in a heavy rainstorm? Are there any drains built in, or does it dump the water over your CAI as well? .

Good question...I didn't notice any weepholes nor did notice any problems when I was driving back to Williamsburg, VA from Avon, NJ when we hit rains so hard I had to slow to 45 around Baltimore, MD.
That is great question. I don't have an answer for you.

· Registered
1,567 Posts
That rain question is a good question also how much wieght do you think that hood saves over the factory hood ?
BTW it really looks bad ass I like it alot

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That rain question is a good question also how much wieght do you think that hood saves over the factory hood ?
BTW it really looks bad ass I like it alot
I think it wieghs more than the stock. I am not about to take it off and put 'em on scales.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
looks great.... take a few pics a little farther back for us could ya... that way we can enjoy the whole look of the beast..

LOL!!!:grin:

· Registered
539 Posts
A question though; I know that these hoods dump cooler air right over your CAI, but what happens if you"re caught in a heavy rainstorm? Are there any drains built in, or does it dump the water over your CAI as well? I'm assuming that there are drains, but from your pics of the underside of the hood, I just dont see any weep holes or anything.
No drains ..... but I just washed the car and while I tried very hard NOT to get water all in the air scoop I did anyway and during the drying process when I opened the hood to dry all that off the water just slowly drained out near the top/front of the hood.

After the drive back fron NJ in the rain, I suspect any water sucked into it simply sits until it evaporates, with a minimal amount getting to the CAI.

Now the engine bay was fairly dirty and I suspect this will always be the case from now on, but it was easy to clean up, and because everything under the hood that can be waxed has been that helped too.

What's needed is for me to take it out on a few rainy days and then check it many times to see how water is handled. But since Feros is in Afghanistan his car stays in the garage so I don't have to wash it often ..... between my Charger, his Charger, and the TorRed we are car sitting that's allot of cars to wash... I know because in the last two days I washed all three of them, waxed the new hood on The Beast, threw a light coat of wax on the TorRed, and tomorrow Beauty gets a fresh coat.
I don't see me testing the rain theory anytime soon because I will not put The Beast in the garage all dirty and leave it to sit.

I'm a good Army Wife :smoke:

· Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for trying to answer my question, I was only wondering because I am interested in a true fiber hood also. I thought that maybe the 402 guys explained this to you considering they did the install. I'm thinking the water drains out the front where the hood latch is. It looks like thats the lowest point on the underside. I will shoot a PM to 402 and find out for sure. And again, both your cars look great, good luck with them.

· Registered
3,234 Posts
thanks for the pics feros! i really like the way it looks. now the front has a 3 inch ram air to match the rear's 5" exhaust lol

as for the water thing... i wouldnt worry bout it too much i dont see any harm coming from it and if you made holes for it to drain you would lose some of your ram air

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
thanks for the pics feros! i really like the way it looks. now the front has a 3 inch ram air to match the rear's 5" exhaust lol
I think another inch would be mean as heck, don't all guys want another inch?, well so does my car.

mopar super center makes a part called an air splitter ,it directs everything to the sides of the motor if im not mistaken, not sure if thats how it actually works, but i am waiting on mine now
Thanx I'll have to look into that.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.